The Back Up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Back Up

The Back Up

I received an e-mail from a friend showing a product called the back up. I found it kind of interesting, let me know what you think. Put....thebackup.com... in your search engine and go down to the u-tube video. If someone knows how to put a direct link to it on here it would be greatly appreciated.

I read a post on it somewhere. Here is the site. The Back-Up :: Home Protection Within Reach I think I could make one for less than $39 though!

EDIT:
    Found it. It was discussed in the Firearms Gear forum. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...e-shotgun.html
    Last edited by Red Hat; 07-13-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Yes, I posted it. I might get one.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Red face

Didnt mean to do a double post....my bad.

No problem RDW. What do you think of the gadget. Would it be worth the money?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

HK4U..I think that I am going to order one. I will let you know after it comes in.

Im affraid the grandkids would use it like the side rails of my 4 by4. I like the gun rack on my head board.

Quote Originally Posted by RDW View Post
    HK4U..I think that I am going to order one. I will let you know after it comes in.
    Please do. If you give it a thumbs up I may get one.

I like this. I've always believed that a pump shotgun is a superior weapon for home defense, but putting it under the bed adds a couple of seconds to the time it takes you to get to it. At least with this gadget, that is not an issue.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-24-2008 at 01:47 PM.

I think that someone here posted a similar device they themselves had made a while back. You could probably make something like this out of wood and some hooks for less than $10 and it would be custom built for your bed and gun. It could even have rubber-coated hooks, and room for a flashlight.

Kudos to someone for deciding to make this and selling it to a lot of people who might not have otherwise had one though.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast