What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!

A completely stock Century AMD65 (which is made by Tennessee Guns, incidentally) and a IO AK 47, that one with a telescoping buttstock and a heat shielded Arsenal front lower handguard.

The muzzle brake on the AMD is a dual function device: Controls muzzle climb very nicely and AMPIFIES sound dramatically!

ok, here's a couple of mine, yugo underfolder, utg front end, hogue grip, red dot riser customised to use iron sites, & red dot on top. second is a romanian, mak-90, milled reciever, nib, never been fired. gave her to my son. top in photo is my dpms lr-.308, when i got to reach out & touch someoneWhat Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!-img_5009.jpg

Century Arms M74 5.45x39

Century Arms 1974 Sportster 7.62x39

Both are painted what I call "desert brush" pattern. I did the base coat with tan, then used small twigs/branches as stencils as I sprayed OD green over them... it looks pretty cool, and blends here.

Soon to have a Century Arms WASR 10/63.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

5. Yugo M70ab2

http://emob296.photobucket.com/albums/mm199/onetuza/ktog/01.jpg

I wonder if the CIA and NSA monitor this website like they do Facebook. I bet they like to know who has what and the location of said weapons.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    I wonder if the CIA and NSA monitor this website like they do Facebook. I bet they like to know who has what and the location of said weapons.
    That's why it always cracks me up when people list every gun they own in their signature line, chuckle, think somebody might just write that down?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Talking

What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!-2012-02-24_08-35-14_579.jpgHard Chromed Rom WASR 10. Refinished wood furniture with Rit clothing dye and formsbys high gloss tung oil. added tapco compensator and recoil buffer. Haven't decided on optics.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

JSDinTexas Guest
    Always wanted an AK but stayed away due to all the stories on lousy quality.
    But recently picked up a new Romanian Century WASR 10 and really like it. On my first outing, I consistently hit a 1 sq ft target at 150 yds with Tiger ammo and iron sights - no malfunctions or problems.

My FFL, who is a big competition 1911 guy and believes a millionth of an inch is too much tolerance, was appalled at the construction of the AK I bought. But I see the reasons behind gun applications and configurations. For instance, I like Glocks for defense because they are effective, and carry more rounds than most other similar configurations. And I don't care how "ugly" some think they are - I will not be showing it to the BG for approval.

So if one understands the AK was made for ease of use, minimum maintenance, to accommodate a peasant in a war or revolution, and so on, they seem to do very well. And when I shot the AK it seemed to have a mechanical, machine-like sound when it cycled unlike any other gun I have shot.

I am very impressed by this Commie gun, and keeping with tradition, may decide to never clean it, but just keep shooting it until something happens when I will have to bang it on a hard surface or immerse it in some jungle pond water to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40FAN View Post
    What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!-2012-02-24_08-35-14_579.jpgHard Chromed Rom WASR 10. Refinished wood furniture with Rit clothing dye and formsbys high gloss tung oil. added tapco compensator and recoil buffer. Haven't decided on optics.
    Are you some sort of dictator in training?
    :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    Always wanted an AK but stayed away due to all the stories on lousy quality.
    But recently picked up a new Romanian Century WASR 10 and really like it. On my first outing, I consistently hit a 1 sq ft target at 150 yds with Tiger ammo and iron sights - no malfunctions or problems.
    Nice.

The quality issue comes not from the AK itself but from the ill-fitting American parts (required by law) and poor QC that's associated with some US importers/modifiers. Century AKs have a spotty reputation although their customer service is said to be very good.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast