Best AR Value
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best AR Value

Best AR Value

The Price of AR's appears to be coming down. I don't remember being able to get a Bushnell with Red Dot for under $700.00.
    I'm thinking that's a great value.
    Anyone know of better?

I wanted a Mini 14 but they do not appear to be coming back down.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Are you asking about scopes (Bushnell red dot?) or ARs?
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Are you asking about scopes (Bushnell red dot?) or ARs?
    AR's Please and Thank You!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If you're just a casual shooter then I wouldn't get too hung up on brands........slick advertising campaigns don't make a firearm better. I have yet to come accross a "junk" AR manufacturer although I'm not exactly enamored with the ploymer lowers that Bushmaster is selling. If you're planning on doing lots of shooting (a few thousand rounds + per year), then in the long run you'd probably be better off with with a Colt, Sig, or HK. Personally I think Sig ARs are a great value.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Just stay away from polymer uppers or lowers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    The Price of AR's appears to be coming down. I don't remember being able to get a Bushnell with Red Dot for under $700.00.
    I'm thinking that's a great value.
    Anyone know of better?

I wanted a Mini 14 but they do not appear to be coming back down.

I have two very different AR's...

My AR-15 is a M&P Sport and honestly, it might be the best "value" AR I have seen.

My second is an AR-10 Sig Sauer 716 and was also a steal.

The M&P can be had for under 700 currently most anywhere.

The Sig borders closer to $1800 these days. Both are a great value, but... you have to define value a little better. Which is the cheapest? Or Most gun for the money? What is your price range?

Best AR Value

Casual shooter or not stay away from polymer lowers.. They work with Glocks. Not so much with ARs. Sig, S&W, RRA, Colt, and Bushmaster are all good guns. You'll see people hate on bushmasters but I've had mine for 6 years and it has been one of the most reliable ARs I've had. Not the most accurate thing in the world past about 300 yds, but its a carbine and I bought it for CQB stuff anyways. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have the Armalite AR-15 and an Olympic colapsable stock with a C-More Red Dot. The C-More is worth over $200.00. Armalite is a great rifle, The AR-10 is way out of my range for the one I would buy. The AR-10 is a better, in my view, rifle and cal.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

I have the S&W "Sport". In Dec, 2011, I paid $599.99 at Cabellas. Not sure what they go for now.
    Has worked well for me. I did put some aftermarket stuff on it, But still came out pretty cheap.

You should take into account the barrel. If you are going to shoot nothing but 60gr or smaller bullets then a cheaper 1in9 Barrell is fine. If you want to shoot larger rounds for longer distances you will want a 1in7 barrell. Typically cheaper ARs come with 1in9 barrels.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast