Bumpfire/Slidefire???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumpfire/Slidefire???

Bumpfire/Slidefire???

Ok guys and gals,
    Any real thoughts on the Bumpfire/Slidefire stocks for the AR-15??
    As I understand it, they are completely legal to own according to the ATF, without having to possessing a class III license. This apparently is due to the fact that the stocks do not take the weapon, "full auto", it technically just keeps the same fire rate it is just faster the you can pull the trigger. As I said any one have any, "Real", thoughts?? No kiddie answers, like "They Are FU#*%$! Awesome".....
    Thanx

Bumpfire/Slidefire???

Don't waste your money? You can accomplish the same thing with a rubber band.

I prefer shooting semi automatic. Much more accurate that way. I once seen a dealer selling them at a gun show. I think they wanted 350.00 dollars for it. I would rather spend that kind of money on a Surefire stock for the AR or more ammo.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

5. Nice way to waste expensive ammo. The stock is overpriced as well. I don't see it as useful for anything. JMHO. YMMV.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Agree same thing with rubber band but are completely legal.

Because the rifle cannot be held firmly, accuracy is not going to be readily or easily achieved.
    You will just be point and shoot spraying as opposed to aim and shoot.
    Devin K. Noffsinger

8. IDK I seen a new trigger that does the same thing as a slide fire they claim. After having seen a video on the operation in comparison to full auto I would like to try one without spending the money on buying it. How does the rubber band work?

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Ok guys and gals,
    Any real thoughts on the Bumpfire/Slidefire stocks for the AR-15??
    As I understand it, they are completely legal to own according to the ATF, without having to possessing a class III license. This apparently is due to the fact that the stocks do not take the weapon, "full auto", it technically just keeps the same fire rate it is just faster the you can pull the trigger. As I said any one have any, "Real", thoughts?? No kiddie answers, like "They Are FU#*%$! Awesome".....
    Thanx
    If you have the desire or need for rapid fire and don't want to spend the money and waiting time for a class III license, and another 10 grand or more for a full auto firearm, yeah the slidefire stocks are a lot of fun. They work exactly as advertised. There are also trigger groups for the AR coming on the market that do the same thing by using a spring on the trigger with a 2 pound pull and short reset. I know of another company developing a similar product as well. 3-mode trigger but I was asked not to really give details on that one till it's ready for market. Anyway, fun, easy to go through a lot of ammo very fast. They are even better on s suppressed SBR.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by k9inspector View Post
    IDK I seen a new trigger that does the same thing as a slide fire they claim. After having seen a video on the operation in comparison to full auto I would like to try one without spending the money on buying it. How does the rubber band work?
    yeah a slidefire stock is about $350, and that trigger group you saw by TacCon is listed at $495.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

What can it do for you that will help you win a fight? Is what _____ gives you more than what _____ takes away from the weapon capability? Is it really going to add to your chances of surviving and winning?

Those are the questions I would have about anything like the stock or trigger replacements mentioned here. Consider that even with full-auto capability, most troops run on semi. Full auto (or pseudo-full-auto as these devices provide) has limited uses. I wonder if the possibility of something developing that in our area it would be a good answer for is worth what it takes to get it on the weapon.
    www.inshadowinlight.com
    I don't care as much about making you more "tactical" as I do about making you better able to be the one still standing after the fight is over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast