AK optics

Thread: AK optics

1. AK optics

Just got my first AK, and I was just wondering what sights/ scopes you guys are using.

I put a red dot on mine. Pretty cheap & it works out ok for me.
    My eyes are getting really bad, so I need some help.

I have a 4X cheap scope that I got in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas. I used the side mount. Do not get one of those scope mounts that replaces the buffer spring cover, they always wobble.

It's an AK... it's allergic to optics. At this stage, my eyes aren't bad... so I have no need for optics on my AKs. I would suggest something like a red dot or just slight magnification... remember, it's an AK and wasn't built to require optics for the intended engagement distances. If it's 7.62x39, you're being optimistic trying to hit a human beyond 200m. At that distance, you're simply harassing your enemy (which has its purposes, don't get me wrong).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    At that distance, you're simply harassing your enemy (which has its purposes, don't get me wrong).
    -.- Don't remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    -.- Don't remind me.
    I know I don't need to remind you, jcreek. You remember it like it was five minutes ago... just like I do. No matter where we go or what we do, we're always going to be there.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

8. AK optics

Thanks for the input. I was leaning toward some type of red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    Thanks for the input. I was leaning toward some type of red dot.
    These are my comrades:

AK optics-9868d1372208206-what-kind-ak-do-you-have-any-mods-post-pics-snapshot_20130625_2.jpg
    AK optics-9869d1372208216-what-kind-ak-do-you-have-any-mods-post-pics-snapshot_20130625_1.jpg
    AK optics-9870d1372208220-what-kind-ak-do-you-have-any-mods-post-pics-snapshot_20130625.jpg

10. AK optics

Nice. I hope to have a few myself someday.

Any of the Russian or Belarus Red dots (PK-A, PK-AS, PK-A Venezuelan) are solid. They're built like tanks and are affordable.

Not evryone can afford a Aimpoint T-1 with an RS Regulate mount on an AK platform.

Figures . . . my first post and it's about an AK.