Winchester 30/30 Questions

Thread: Winchester 30/30 Questions

Winchester 30/30 Questions

Put the Winchester 30/30 Mod. 94 on layaway today. Asking price was 385.99, talked him down to 325, I felt it was a pretty good deal, weapon was very clean compared to others, all of the wood was still in very good condition, and it was a name brand Winchester Repeating Arms Co rifle. Found out it was a 1972, not a bad year, but then again, wasnt a pre 64 like I had hoped. Anyway, I have 90 days to pay it off and pick it up, not a bad deal though.
    Wasnt much of a point to this thread other than do you think [and I know its late] that a 325.00 was a bad deal? Only reason I didnt get it for 260 was due to layaway, didnt have the cash to outright buy it, purpose of going to the pawn shop wasnt even to get a weapon, but had to get it anyway. Lol.

Thanks in advance.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

$325.00 was a great deal. I have 2 Marlin 30 30's...I just like the feel and look of the traditional rifle. I also have AR's so I do not discriminate. Every once in awhile I get lonesome for tradition! You must take care though as the old lever guns are addicting. They look great on the wall and feel good in the hands.

Get us pics as soon as you can!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Sold one a couple of yrs ago, got $500.00 for it.
    The guy really wanted a lever action, and this one was in mint condition.
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

That's not a bad price at all. Those 94's are great rifles.

7. My Great grandfather bought me a 94 when he found out my mom was pregnant - got it for my 16th birthday. I love that rifle and it gets a lot of attention whenever I take it to the range. My wife calls it the "Lucas McCain rifle".