This is pretty cool: 400m hits with a .22lr Crickett!

Thread: This is pretty cool: 400m hits with a .22lr Crickett!

Thumbs up This is pretty cool: 400m hits with a .22lr Crickett!

Start at 7:20 for the Crickett specifically, before that he's shooting a 10/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

This is pretty cool: 400m hits with a .22lr Crickett!

Cool that it can be accurate that far but I don't know how much use it is. I doubt a .22 would kill a rabbit at that distance much less something at least 24 inches wide.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Cool that it can be accurate that far but I don't know how much use it is. I doubt a .22 would kill a rabbit at that distance much less something at least 24 inches wide.
    True but I would not want to be shot with it. I also noticed the little cricket seemed to be more accurate than the 10-22 was. I guess being bolt action instead of semi auto helped.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

For short distance 75yd or less I'll grab my .22 Marlin, however for reach out and touch something small and furry I'll take my Savage .17HMR. Just hope that there isn't a breeze at the time. LOL.

There's a great satisfaction taking a squirrel at around 150 yds with a .17.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    For short distance 75yd or less I'll grab my .22 Marlin, however for reach out and touch something small and furry I'll take my Savage .17HMR. Just hope that there isn't a breeze at the time. LOL.

There's a great satisfaction taking a squirrel at around 150 yds with a .17.
    Hmm, maybe I'm setting my aspirations too low... I feel that great satisfaction taking a squirrel at 25 yards with .410 #6... *hanging head*
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I'd suspect that by the time it gets there, it'd be like getting hit with a Co2 pellet gun.... probably not deadly but, enough to piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I'd suspect that by the time it gets there, it'd be like getting hit with a Co2 pellet gun.... probably not deadly but, enough to piss you off.
    According to my ballistics calculator, at 440 yds it's goin about 600fps with 32ft-lbs of energy. Enough to break skin but not by much. Needless to say, I'd still be pissed off if I got shot with it.