Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?

1. Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?

Here are two pics of mine. Thinking about changing to some OD furniture and adding a rail to the cover for an optic.

What ya got?

Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?-falb03.jpg

Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?-falb04.jpg

I just bought one from a buddy of mine last week. Trying to get my account on Falfiles.com activated so I can find out what I've got. I think it's a STG58 from what I've read on the Internet, but not 100% sure.Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?-photo.jpg

I wish I had an FAL... ya'll are lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

This is absolutely beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    I just bought one from a buddy of mine last week. Trying to get my account on Falfiles.com activated so I can find out what I've got. I think it's a STG58 from what I've read on the Internet, but not 100% sure.Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?-photo.jpg

6. The guys over there are amazingly helpful in respect to helping ID rifles. I had no idea what I had either until I posted pics over there.

Nice rifle. How does she shoot?

7. I will be heading back to the US in a few weeks. I have an ACOG waiting for me which will go on my favorite FAL Para built it with a DSA rail upper. I'll try to get a photo of that to post while I'm there. I have other FAL's and I'll try to get some photos of those if I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by FALacy View Post
    The guys over there are amazingly helpful in respect to helping ID rifles. I had no idea what I had either until I posted pics over there.

Nice rifle. How does she shoot?
    Haven't even put a round through her yet (waiting on UPS), but I should have it this week and I'll be taking her out this weekend and put her through the paces. I've signed up for FALfiles.com but they never authorized my account even though I filled out all their little questions on registration. Not sure what the deal is there.

9. FAL Files used to be a very busy site - 2,000 to 3,000 people logged on at once was not unusual. I used to spend a lot of time there 10 years ago. Then it started becoming a bit of an ongoing p!$$ing contest between some members and went downhill.
    JCR obviously has FAL built from an STG58 parts kit. There should be some markings on the upper which would help me understand more about it. The STG58 is the Austrian FAL version which was one of the better made FAL's. DSA's FAL's are patterned on that rifle as they bought the production machinery from the Austrian armory.

It's a Imbel upper (Brazil) with a Steyr barrel. I was at least able to figure out the barrel from the proof marks(KAL 7.62x39, tulip, 64 date mark) and a few threads on falfiles.com. Serial number on the everything is 84xxx. Within the magwell there's a "2005" stamp in it and on the right side of the rifle there's "91" stamped right behind where the rifle breaks apart. The 91 marking is the one thing I haven't been able to figure out. Here's a pic of the 91 stamp(albeit not a great one)Anyone else around here shoot FALs? Pics?-photo-1-.jpg.

11. Very cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast