1911 and glock carbine conversion kits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 1911 and glock carbine conversion kits

  1. 1911 and glock carbine conversion kits

    Has anyone bought or used any of the newish conversion kits for glocks or 1911's? They look awesome. Especially the 1911 one!

    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...1-carbine-kit/


    I really want one, but dont know enough. Are they NFA controlled? Tax stamp? Price? Reliability?

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using USA Carry mobile app

  2.   
  3. #2

    1911 and glock carbine conversion kits

    I don't get it. If you want a carbine, buy a carbine. They make em in pistol calibers if that's what you're after, but to me the point of a long gun is significantly increased range, accuracy and power. Strapping all that nonsense to a pistol doesn't really give you any of that.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I don't get it. If you want a carbine, buy a carbine. They make em in pistol calibers if that's what you're after, but to me the point of a long gun is significantly increased range, accuracy and power. Strapping all that nonsense to a pistol doesn't really give you any of that.
    I agree. Never understood why someone would want to put all that stuff on a pistol. Half the gun carrying population wants a smaller more concealable one. Plus you have to register it as an SBR.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  5. I want one for the same reason we all buy multiple AR's and AK's. Its something different, and fun. Its not like a couldnt still use the 1911 as a handgun. Just seem pretty cool. But hey, opinions are like asses right.... you guys have yours, and I have mine :-) and as far as not giving you increased range accuracy and power, I disagree! I think a person would have alot better handling of the firearm, so that would increase accuracy at farther distances. But ehy I never asked if you wanted one, I asked for imformation from people who have them or used them.......which neither of you ahve, so thanks.........for nothing. Lol

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using USA Carry mobile app

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    The Kel Tec Sub200 comes in either 9mm or .40.

    This is the reason why some people want a carbine in a handgun round:
    When sending rounds downrange, the 9mm Sub2K has an effective reach of over 100-yards. At distances up to approximately 50-yards, a standard 115-gr FMJ 9mm bullet approaches the muzzle velocity and impact energy of a .357 magnum round fired at point blank range. At 200-yards downrange, the Sub2K’s 9mm round’s velocity approximates that of a .380 Auto’s muzzle velocity.

    The 40-cal version of the Sub2K is an even more potent carbine, sending a 180-gr projectile downrange at over 1,200 fps. That gives the 40-cal Sub2K a lot more knockdown punch than the 9mm version, approaching .41-magnum ballistics. With that 16.1-inch barrel and extended sight radius, most shooters can continue to pour rounds accurately into whatever target they are aiming at time after time at distances ranging from five-to-50 yards with minimal practice. It’s a “plus” weapon right out of the pizza box.
    Gun Review: Kel-Tec Sub-2000 .40 | The Truth About Guns

    Yes, it is not a rifle, but it is not a handgun either. If you are already chambered in the 9mm or the .40 for your pistol, this is an intermediary firearm without having to invest in another type of caliber. Also, you don't have to register it as a SBR if the barrel is 16" or longer. The Sub2000 is 16.1".
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by krimsingoste View Post
    I want one for the same reason we all buy multiple AR's and AK's. Its something different, and fun. Its not like a couldnt still use the 1911 as a handgun. Just seem pretty cool. But hey, opinions are like asses right.... you guys have yours, and I have mine :-) and as far as not giving you increased range accuracy and power, I disagree! I think a person would have alot better handling of the firearm, so that would increase accuracy at farther distances. But ehy I never asked if you wanted one, I asked for imformation from people who have them or used them.......which neither of you ahve, so thanks.........for nothing. Lol
    Increased range and accuracy over a handgun? Of course. Over another carbine of similar size and weight in a rifle caliber? Not even close. As far as weapon handling if you think 5.56 has uncontrollable recoil or handles worse than a similar rifle in a pistol caliber I don't know what to tell you. But you're right, everybody had an opinion. Same way people would spend $350 on a slidefire stock when you can accomplish the same thing with a 2 rubber band. I bet you'd buy one of those too.

  8. #7
    THE REAL CAPTAIN JACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I don't get it. If you want a carbine, buy a carbine. They make em in pistol calibers if that's what you're after, but to me the point of a long gun is significantly increased range, accuracy and power. Strapping all that nonsense to a pistol doesn't really give you any of that.
    I agree, they do nothing for a pistol other than increase weight!!! Get a real carbine, you will be much happier.

    GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Increased range and accuracy over a handgun? Of course. Over another carbine of similar size and weight in a rifle caliber? Not even close. As far as weapon handling if you think 5.56 has uncontrollable recoil or handles worse than a similar rifle in a pistol caliber I don't know what to tell you. But you're right, everybody had an opinion. Same way people would spend $350 on a slidefire stock when you can accomplish the same thing with a 2 rubber band. I bet you'd buy one of those too.
    I just want a sholder fired gun that is cheap to feed. 9mm is the cheapest to reload so I am going with a MP5 clone. I am also playing around with a 300blk rifle, technically it is a rifle round but it uses the same amount of pistol powder as my 9mm. That chambered in an AR platform would be slightly more expensive but also a lot of fun.



    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

  10. I have several 1911s and would love to get the mech tech carbine conversion,but since 2013 they have been so back ordered they will not even take any orders.

  11. #10
    I was wondering if anyone had used or owns one of the 12 GA shotgun bullpup conversion kits? I want one so bad! I can still use my 28" barrel. I want it for hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast