Mosin nagant - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mosin nagant

mine was not in bad shape.... and after a little cleaning (the stock) I am going to leave it just the way it is.... has the look of being used in battle, but not beaten as others have said theirs were....just the amount of use you would expect from a gun made in the 40's....I like the look.... and for integrity... am keeping it that way.... may buy another and put it into an archangel stock....

S&W bodyguard 380, M&P 9mm, S&W Shield .40(carry), 1944 Mosin Nagant, Springfield M1 Garand, Squires Bingham Model 20 .22 LR

Assault weapon! Assault weapon! Run! Scream! Hide! Lock up the kids! Release the hounds!!!!!

Looks kinda cool though.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

4. My buddy has the arch angel stock.
    He really likes it. The mag is a really nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by barecove View Post
    mine was not in bad shape.... and after a little cleaning (the stock) I am going to leave it just the way it is.... has the look of being used in battle, but not beaten as others have said theirs were....just the amount of use you would expect from a gun made in the 40's....I like the look.... and for integrity... am keeping it that way.... may buy another and put it into an archangel stock....
    exactly what i want to do...but i want to get a nice hex to safe queen and take the one i have now and throw on the archangel stock and one of the scope mounts that sits on the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    exactly what i want to do...but i want to get a nice hex to safe queen and take the one i have now and throw on the archangel stock and one of the scope mounts that sits on the receiver.
    yeah...that is what I want to do too... keep one stock, and take one with cruddy stock for cheap with good barrel and put an archangel stock on it....

S&W bodyguard 380, M&P 9mm, S&W Shield .40(carry), 1944 Mosin Nagant, Springfield M1 Garand, Squires Bingham Model 20 .22 LR

Quote Originally Posted by Acasper708 View Post
    My buddy has the arch angel stock.
    He really likes it. The mag is a really nice addition.
    the magazine, ability to adjust pull length , cheek ,...and plain cool look

Finally refinished mine. Took awhile as it was my first job and lemme tell ya, the Minwax Polyshades takes a velvet touch and fine bristled brush. It ain't perfect but I think it looks way better than it did when bought. Finally scored some ammo for it so soon as that hot little box arrives I'm goin' shootin.

I don't know if I'd call refinishing that thing "fun" but damned if I don't wanna do it again so might have to get another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mosin nagant-mosin-stock-1.jpg Mosin nagant-mosin-stock-2.jpg 

9. Anyone know where I can find a type 53 for a reasonable price. I am new to this forum and I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fcpiii View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a type 53 for a reasonable price. I am new to this forum and I appreciate your help. Thanks.
    I got lucky a couple of years ago and scored one at a gun show in NM, traded a handgun for it. I recommend surfing gunbroker or armslist to get an idea of a reasonable price and perhaps find an FFL holder selling one near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

11. Thanks for your help. I have been looking around locally and on some of the national sites and am just looking for ideas. Any idea of what price range is reasonable? And are there appreciable reasons/advantages to getting a 44 over a 53. Again, thanks for your input. I had one years ago as a kid that I got from a collector. I took the top part of the stock off and the barrel was so deeply pitted that I was afraid to ever shoot it, it was pretty rough all over. I paid $35 for it over 30 years ago. Traded it for a Precision Bass so I came out of it pretty good. Any help is welcome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234