Impulse Purchase-1201FP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impulse Purchase-1201FP

1. Impulse Purchase-1201FP

Being the patriot I am, I am trying to do my part to stimulate the economy! (I gotta stay out of the stores.

Bought a gun from the "used" rack. A never been fired Beretta 1201FP. I wasn't looking for a semi,because didn't want to spend the money. I know, I know, I should have purchased a Mossburg 500, but I can always ask Santa for that!

No manual, so thank god for internet. did enough to know that I could have gotten an actual "used" one for less. (darn impulse purchases). I already figured out how to disessemble, the goofy way it loads. I was confused about the stamping of 3" Magnum, but now know that if I use 3" it is 5+1, if I use 2-3/4 it is 6+1.

If you have stayed with me this far, and can lead me to an online manual, parts, or any other useful info, please do.

Also, this is my first "personal defense" shotgun. Any ammo recommendations appreciated. I don't have a clue.

I have one just like it. One thing I always wanted but can not find is a pistol grip stock for it. Choate used to have them but evidently they do not make them any more.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. I've been reading about problems with semi's, have you had any problems? Slugs vs buckshot? 2.75 vs 3.0"

Have you found any online manuals?

thanks in advance.

I have not had any problems to speak of although I will have to confess that I have not put a lot of rounds through it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will be quite pleased with it. I would be very surprised if you had any problem with it being a semi-auto.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Here is a place you can download just about any manual, however there isn't much to the 1201FP...

page7b
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

8. Try Gun Brain. com

Your source for firearm information,products,and services. You may try this site he has just about every gun take down book I know of
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I found a two-page PDF file on it which I have made available here (will be removed soon). It's not much, but it does have information about buttstock disassembly.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

10. how much for your 1201FP? Really equal ro a good Mossburg?

Congrats on the new shotgun. Let us know how it shoots after you get a chance to get to the range. I've never shot a semi but when I was looking at buying one the only thing I read is some have issues with the low recoil self defense rounds. Guess they don't pack enough punch to chamber the next round.

I just picked up a Mossberg 500 this past weekend and I loaded it up with Hornady TAP low recoil 00 buck with 5 rounds of military grade 00 buck in the side saddle.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast