Mossberg 500 range report

Thread: Mossberg 500 range report

Mossberg 500 range report

I had a chance to make it to the range today and try out my new Mossberg 500 persuader. Which I was highly looking forward to cause not only was it a new gun but I've only shot 20 gauges (birdshot mostly) before. First off the range I go to will only let you shoot shot out of a full choked barrel. My Mossberg is not so I had to find some rifled slugs. I finally found a shop that had some 3in magnum 1 1/4oz federal hollow point rifled slugs in stock. I bought 3 boxes and headed to the range. I set the target to 30', loaded the tube with 5 rounds, racked it, took my stance, and pulled the trigger. I knew being a 12 gauge and shooting slugs it was going to kick but good lord that thing's a beast! I LOOOOOOVE IT!! I ended up shooting 10 rounds and it functioned flawlessly. The advanced technologies inc. butt stock held up like a champ to the 3in mag shells and the entire gun just felt solid. Very happy with the purchase and would not want to be on the receiving end of this thing!

Oh and by the way, even with the rubber recoil pad and keeping the gun tight to my shoulder she left her mark!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Now ya know why I love mine!

Mossberg...there is no substitute!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thanks for the report. As far as the recoil I am thinking of getting one and putting a Knox recoil reducing stock on it. I think Blackhawk has the rights to the stocks now. Sounds like they might work pretty good.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Ouch. Those slugs can put a bruise on your shoulder.

Glad you enjoyed it!
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Thanks for the report. As far as the recoil I am thinking of getting one and putting a Knox recoil reducing stock on it. I think Blackhawk has the rights to the stocks now. Sounds like they might work pretty good.
    I want to put the same stock on my mossberg 500. Looks like a very good adition!

BTW, Nice Shootin!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"