Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge

Exclamation My 13 yr old just shot a .584 earlier today

My youngest shot a .544 from my rifle, a rifle he has only shot 3 times in his life. I know that if he can do it so can you other old war horses. Yes...I will post his target as soon as I get it scanned. My middle son shot a .784 while home from college for thanksgiving this weekend. This is only his second time with my rifle in his life. I will post his target too.

I can't believe you guys are going to let a couple of youngin's outshine your old age and treachery. You guys need to get busy and rub my nose in it the way RDW did. It will only make you a better shot and besides IT IS FUN!!!

Challenge!!!!!!

Come and get it...Catch us if ya can...put you target where we can see it and join the SUB MOA CLUB.
    Last edited by festus; 12-01-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Here you go Festus. I don't currently have a scoped precession rifle at this time but took my 16" carbine out over Thanksgiving and did some 300 + yard shooting. It was a little over 300 paces from the target to were we were shooting. This was the first time I've shot over 100 yards but was happy. How'd I do?

The little white dot in the tree line is the target.

Last edited by KimberPB; 12-01-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Exclamation Now That is shooting

KIMBER you have earned a spot in theSub MOA club on merit alone! Short sight base and iron sights what a combo! Let's work on getting those heals down when you lay prone. It will make you more stable and LOWER PROFILE! You are a rifleman's rifleman no doubt about it!
    Last edited by festus; 12-01-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    KIMBER you have earned a spot in theSub MOA club on merit alone! Short sight base and iron sights what a combo! Let's work on getting those heals down when you lay prone. It will make you more stable and LOWER PROFILE! You are a rifleman's rifleman no doubt about it!
    Thanks Festus. I did use the red dot along with the iron sites. I did notice the heals up in the pic and wondered if anyone would say anything about it. I had a lot of fun shooting at that distance, very challenging.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Exclamation Challenge to all takers (I promised targets!)

This is a challenge to all takers out there. My youngest shot a .544 My middle son shot a .784 and I lucked out with a .304

Don't let 2 teenage boys beat the stuffing out of you. Get up off your fat lazy hind end and get to the range. Turn out a sub MOA target and join the club.

Don't be surprised if my boys out-shoot you and then tell you what you are doing wrong. They come by it naturally and are probably only trying to help.

!!!!!CHALLENGE!!!!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Nice group festus! Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree either! Congrats to the boys also. If anything ever goes down I'll be heading up to the panhandle! lol
    - Benjamin Franklin

Got it.

2nd time out with the new rifle. Got the scope set and just barely got in under an inch. I'll need some practice to get a good as Festus though.

Savage 93
    Simmons 3-9x40 scope
    Hornady .17HMR Varmint Express
    Attached Images Attached Images Challenge-01-03-09.jpg 
    "Live free or die" --- John Stark

We need more riflemen!

Prove yourself and earn a spot in the Sub MOA club
    USA Carry - Sub M.O.A. Club
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by SavageShooter View Post
    2nd time out with the new rifle. Got the scope set and just barely got in under an inch. I'll need some practice to get a good as Festus though.

Savage 93
    Simmons 3-9x40 scope
    Hornady .17HMR Varmint Express
    Nice shooting SavageShooter and welcome to the site.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Up the Anti

Time to up the anti guys

No wind
    off the bench
    Caldwell Tack Driver bag
    52 degrees
    28 grains of blc2
    40 grain Hornady V-Max bullet
    CCI 400 primer
    RP case
    savage works
    26 inch bull barrel
    Bushnell Banner 10X scope

5 shot group!!!!!
    200 YARDS!!!!!!

.527 center to center

Attachment 289
    If you get to thinkin you're a person of some influence, try orderin' someone else's dog around

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast