Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge

I have some load workups for my savage 10FP in .308 I've been needing to shoot. I'm going to try and make it up to the 200yd range Saturday. I'll post pics if I end up making it up there.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I just wonder if one of those fancy high dollar rifles would help me much? Any excuse to buy a new rifle is always good.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/100_0873.jpg

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Exclamation Any rifle will do

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    Are we looking for sub MOA hits here with rifles that are capable of those groups at 300 meters ???

I can get sub .5 MOA with the right barrel, the proper ammo and a good platform on which to shoot from, assuming we are talking about AR style rifles. My les Baer Thunder Ranch will do it all day long, clean or unclean, cold bore, hot bore etc.

With a standard Mil Spec AR we are doing good to get 2 MOA or 4 MOA at 100 meters.

Not to sound like a spooge, but what is the real purpose of this exercise ???
    Put your target up on this site and join the sub MOA club. The proof is in the target. Anyone can claim to have the capability but it is another thing to prove it. CHALLENGE!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Next friday I am going to try festus haha
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Exclamation What about the rest of you apes???

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Next friday I am going to try festus haha
    One guy has the guts to try...What about the rest of you knuckle-dragging, nose-picking, sloped forehead, neanderthals...HUH?????

I'm telling you as sure as anything even if you fail you are becoming a better shooter.

If you pass the challenge (3 shots in a one inch or less group at 100 yards) then you can call yourself a rifleman. You will become part of an elite club of well trained, well disciplined, knuckle-dragging, nose-picking, sloped forehead, neanderthals who can sure as heck pull off the long shots when the chips are down (at least you'll have confidence in yourself and your rifle) and bragging rights "with this is my target posted online" and the "I'd like to see you do better" caveat to your friends and coworkers.

At a very minimum you can help spread the shooting bug and bring another facet of the shooting sports to light.

It may even help you bag your next deer.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Put your target up on this site and join the sub MOA club. The proof is in the target. Anyone can claim to have the capability but it is another thing to prove it. CHALLENGE!
    How about I use my computer aided ballistics Ipod and hit steel out to 800-1500 meter with .308/NATO Mk11 with a Loopy 3.5-10x-52mm with match grade hand loads and then call it a day when I hit steel at that range ???

I'll even do it on a bi-pod, not a bench, on a heavily winded day with high barometric pressure.

Maybe even on a 45 degree slope out to 500 meters. I'll use the slope dope calculation method.

You forgot, you already know me from another site and we've spoken on the phone Brother.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Sooooooooooooooo I went out yesterday to attemp this challenge with my .270 hunting rifle. I didn't get it. I am good enough to hunt (I guess) I can hit the target at 100 yards. My groups are there just not small enough. I think I flinch to be honest with you. I am going to go out on Monday and try again. Haha I am frustrated with myself. Hopefully this time I can get closer. Even if I don't get it, if I can make the groups smaller I will be happy.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Exclamation CHALLENGE It is a new Year!!! CHALLENGE

Alright you bums...

Go get your rifle and get in the club!
    All you have to do is post a photo of a target with a 1.00 inch three shot group or less and join the social group SUB MOA CLUB.

Be advised if you are a poser and we've had a couple you can and will be removed from the group.

It ain't easy but it's fun!

You want it...you need it...

GET BUSY!

Be a RIFLEMAN

CHALLENGE!!!!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'm shooting 6.8 SPC now, LRWC M6A2 with a 14.7" bbl. Ammo is SSA 115 grain Sierra OTM.

What I've noticed with the 6.8 is that the hold off at 50 and 100 meters about 4.5" and then at 200 it's flat trajectory, as expected.

I don't have targets photographed, but let's just say that with that specific ammunition, off the rest, groupings are incredibly satisfactory, or exceed expectations.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

don't have any pictures, but in the late '80's i was useing russian sks that i had converted to nylon folding stock and 30 round ak clips.open sights at 100yds. the range had a nice burm as a backstop. a friend of mine challenged me as i had just got out of the army and before i had cattaracts to shoot a hand held propane cylinder.long story short i hit 30 times and kicked it all over the backstop. i need to get to the range when it warms up and zero my m-4 with 3x9x50 simmons and harris bi-pod and see if i can still shoot sub. moa: btw iwas standing shooting offhand"biggrin!!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast