Choate folding stock vs. ATI

Thread: Choate folding stock vs. ATI

Choate folding stock vs. ATI

I'm thinking about getting myself a folding stock for my Moss 500 for Christmas. ATI seems to be the prevailing choice. Has anyone tried the folders from Choate? It's all steel and has a rubber buttpad. This really looks like the better choice to me. Click here for a product page from combatstocks.

ATI probably wins on aesthetics, and it might be lighter, but the ones I have held seemed flimsy, and the bare plastic going into your shoulder could get old quick.

The only drawback I can see of the Choate is that it's $80, compared to the ATI which is available under $50 at most places.
    Last edited by toreskha; 12-16-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I have one for my 870 but took it off after having it on it for years and put a standard stock with a pistol grip on it. I never used the stock to shoot from my shoulder because it will eat up your cheek. My new Tristar Cobra Pump came with one on it and a standard stock. The first thing I did was to put the standard stock on it. Look for a side folder with a tube stock extension. It's easier on the face.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I have a Chaote side folder for my Marlin Model 9 carbine. Chaote does make good stocks.

However, for shotguns I prefer the Knoxx Industries now Blackhawk Spec Ops Folder.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Blackhawk is the way to go. I have the Knox SpecOps Adjustable Shotgun Stock on my Mossey 500 and love it. Takes a lot of recoil out of the firearm.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787