Why you need a rifle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why you need a rifle

Recommendations, I'm was not much of a rifle person however I have been bitten with BRD (black rifle disorder).

My current rifle collection;
    • MAK-90 (Komrade Klintonized semi-auto AK-47, it's going to be de liberated this month)
    • S&W M&P15R (AR-15 chambered in 5.45x39mm)
    • Marlin Camp 9 Carbine that's was liberated from Komrade Klinton the day the original AWB sunset with a Choate Folding stock.

I have three Essential Arms low shelf lowers AR-15 on the way to build three more AR-15s. At least one of the lowers will be used for a short barrel build after I get an NFA trust put together. The lowers should be here before St Patty's day.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

1. AR15
    2. Savage 10FP in .308
    3. Hunting rifle (such as a 30-06, .270, etc...)
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

4. I just picked up an AR10 and now I want an AR15 also. It's addictive. Life was simpler when I was just a handgun "enthusiast". :)

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I just picked up an AR10 and now I want an AR15 also. It's addictive. Life was simpler when I was just a handgun "enthusiast". :)
    Can't argue that. I bought my MAK-90 when they were on sale at Master's Shooters supply for $279 back in 1994. Put it in a case and never really touched it since. I probably could turn around and sell it for triple that now if I wanted to. Well BHO & Co have made me reevaluate my position on RKBA and ended up getting rifle, shotgun and NFA disorders in the process.

You haven't even started with BRD yet. Wait until you see all of the things you can do to one then you'll want to build some from scratch. You'll be able to put together the exact AR-15 to your specifications.

Don't worry, you'll understand, soon you'll be one of us. Other than the hit to the wallet, it is pretty painless.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12