What is the farthest you've ever shot? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the farthest you've ever shot?

100+- yards. Piece of firewood floating in a private pond from the cabin porch. S&W .40 4" barrel first shot on a bet. Probably luck was with me but I quit while I was ahead and looked like a hero.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

WOW you guys can shoot really well!! 100 yards witha .45??? How high did you have to aim? Jeeze, I gotta start practicing haha
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Heck I've shot 2000 yards plus many time ... now HIT something, that's another story ... about 50 feet

How high did you have to aim?
    At a measly 100 yards, my pistols are still shooting pretty much to point of aim. I don't hold high at all.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

About 1220 with a M40A1.

About 1850 with a M82A3.

On the two way range:
    M40A1 - 700
    M82A3 - 450
    Last edited by Oram Security Consultants; 03-06-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarification
    Security is your concern. Helping you provide it is ours.
    www.oramsecurity.com
    USMC Scout Snipers - Stealth, Silence, Precision Violence

Exclamation Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Oram Security Consultants View Post
    About 1220 with a M40A1.

About 1850 with a M82A3.
    I figured you would have to pull out over 1200 with the M40A1. That is where things start getting interesting for bullet flight profiles.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

It was during a Mountainous Scout Sniper Course. Doing high angle shooting. It was one of those times where it wasn't how much you learned but realizing just how much you still need to learn. I had only graduated the Basic Scout Sniper Course about 2 months before and I was still in the "Damn I Am God Like!!" stage, and this brought be back down. Learned so much.......
    Security is your concern. Helping you provide it is ours.
    www.oramsecurity.com
    USMC Scout Snipers - Stealth, Silence, Precision Violence

Exclamation For those that don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Oram Security Consultants View Post
    It was during a Mountainous Scout Sniper Course. Doing high angle shooting. It was one of those times where it wasn't how much you learned but realizing just how much you still need to learn. I had only graduated the Basic Scout Sniper Course about 2 months before and I was still in the "Damn I Am God Like!!" stage, and this brought be back down. Learned so much.......
    1200M with an M40A1 puts the bullet's time of flight at 2plus seconds with only Sir Issac Newton in the drivers seat, and if you follow the bell curve long enough you will se that it is dropping like a rock gravity wise and drag has slowed it to just above supersonic. At the point where the bullet's flight path and subsonic meet the shockwave will upset or flip the bullet butt first and destroy accuracy and what little energy it has left. Very few successful shots have been taken with a 7.62 NATO M118LR special ball round past 1200M.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

1000 yards during my much younger days. I can still do fairly well out to 200 yards and maybe a little further. These old eyes just ain't what they used to be.

11. 880 yards on a running fox with my .220 swift on a '17 enfield action. My lucky day, dropped him on my 4th shot. Don't ask me to do it again. Dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast