it is legal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it is legal?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I'M looking at getting a mossberg 410 shotgun ( wife wants it) She wants the Mossberg 50104 500 FIELD 410 24 FL. It has a barrel length of 24'' she does not want the mossberg CRUISR she calls them Muder guns. But the CRUISR has a barrel length of 18 1/2''. It's made for home defense over the other one thats made more for hunting. So i want to know if i can get the gun smith to cut off 7 1/2'' of the other mossberg to make it have the barrel lenght of the CRUISR at 18 1/2''. Can this be done.
    FWIW, years ago I cut down the barrel of an old JC Higgins 12ga. myself to just over 18", and I'm hardly a gunsmith. I used a hacksaw...and care...and smoothed off the new muzzle with crocus cloth, then reblued the end to protect the metal. Never bothered replacing the bead front sight...the new configuration doesn't really require it. Works fine.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I'M looking at getting a mossberg 410 shotgun ( wife wants it) She wants the Mossberg 50104 500 FIELD 410 24 FL. It has a barrel length of 24'' she does not want the mossberg CRUISR she calls them Muder guns. But the CRUISR has a barrel length of 18 1/2''. It's made for home defense over the other one thats made more for hunting. So i want to know if i can get the gun smith to cut off 7 1/2'' of the other mossberg to make it have the barrel lenght of the CRUISR at 18 1/2''. Can this be done.
    Did you check to see if Mossberg sells a 18.5" barrel for the shotgun you want? I ordered a shorter barrel for my Mossberg 500A. This would ensure that you're "legal" and you'll have the longer barrel should you ever decide to go hunting in the future or if there are any changes to our current laws.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

LOL no it did not even cross my mind Glock great idea i love it. I will run a search for it tonight and see if i can find one.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12