My Savage 10fp - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Savage 10fp

You can't go wrong with the 4200. Nice looking rig. Someday I'd like to get a Nightforce as well. I like their 5.5-22.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Heres a few pics

Sweet!!!
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Thanks guys. I got to shot it again Saturday and I LOVE it. I can not wait to get some dies and dial in a load for this rifle.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

42.5 grains of Varget, Sierra Matchking 168gr. BTHP and Black Hills Ammunition match brass = 1/2 moa in my Savage 10 FLP.

Of course you should consult a reloading manual to double check any load before trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    42.5 grains of Varget, Sierra Matchking 168gr. BTHP and Black Hills Ammunition match brass = 1/2 moa in my Savage 10 FLP.

Of course you should consult a reloading manual to double check any load before trying it.
    Thanks DarrellM5. Thats almost exactly what I was thinking but I was looking at Lapua brass instead of Black Hill. I also have some hornady, remington, LC brass I've picked up at the range to play with. May try some of hornady's 168gr Amax and 168gr match bullets as well.

What primers are you using?
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

What primers are you using?
    I've tried CCI and Federal. I haven't noticed any difference in the two. Accuracy and muzzle velocity don't seem to be affected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12