My new Springfield M1A

Thread: My new Springfield M1A

My new Springfield M1A

I picked this up the other day. It was out of a large gun collection from an estate. As far as I can tell it has never been fired like almost all other firearms from this estate. At first I thought it may be a NM M1A but it only has the front sight marked NM. The folding stock is surprisingly comfortable in the shoulder. I'm going to call Springfield and see when it was manufactured.

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

WOW! Very nice Red Hat. Great find.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Congrats on the great find! Gotta love hidden gems like this. Sweet looking firearm!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

very nice!!! Wish I had one just like it.
    If you get to thinkin you're a person of some influence, try orderin' someone else's dog around

wolfhunter Guest
    Yeah! What they said!!!

Very, very nice.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

talk about luck that is nice enjoy it

very very nice bro
    -Austin