Ar-15 need help or information please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ar-15 need help or information please.

I would like to suggest foregoing the standard trigger and hammers pins. I haven't seen any yet that didn't rotate slightly out of the lower reciever after extensive shooting, especially with lower quality recieivers and LPK parts.

Skip right to the KNS Precision non-rotating hammer and trigger pins (stainless) with the anti-rotate bars that screw into the hammer pin. You'll need to the .154 size pins, unless your lower is an older Colt with large pins. Probably not, but worth mentioning.

KNS Precision : KNS Precision, Inc.: Gen 2 Mod 2 Non-Rotating Trig/Ham Pins

I recently finished a lower reciever build wth an RRA stipped lower and all LPK parts from Brownells. I skipped the standard hammer and trigger pins and went straight for the extra $32 for the KNS anti-rotations system with the bars colored FDE.

Hope this helps a bit more.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

I would browse the AR15 sites on the web, alot, more than alot and read and study all the nuances of the AR15 platoform before buying anything off the shelf.

www.m4carbine.com

AR15.Com

Both are filled with members who have extensive experience building and shooting all varients of the AR series rifle.

If I where you, or you where going to take my advice I would purchase a quality stripped lower. "Quality" being the key word. Stay away from Stag, Armalite, etc. Stick with LMT, Colt, RRA, CMMG just to name a few.

You can find stripped lowers anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's a quality lower. There is a difference between MIL-SPEC and COMMERCIAL rifles and their recievers and parts.

Build your lower with a quality lower parts kit from Brownells. You'll get to know the AR platform more than you will ever purchasing a complete rifle just because it looks good on the rack and has a decent sharpie pen price written on the tag.

There are videos over at Brownells on how to install all the lower components, but you don't necessarily need all the tools that they may show you in their videos.

I've assembled a few lowers just sitting on the floor of my house while watching television with just a hammer, some punch pins and a couple other tools that are not expensive to purchase if you don't already have them.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12