Ar-15 need help or information please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar-15 need help or information please.

Ar-15 need help or information please.

Does anyone know of a good site to buy a ar-15 on for cheap? Does not have to be a name brand. Also how much would it cost to have someone build you one? All of this is new to me.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

CMMG is who I went through. I did get a 15% LEO discount, but still was a good price for the gun.

You can find good deals from Del-ton. They run sales from time to time and you can get good prices on complete uppers.

They have a 16" light weight kit for $465. Everything you need minus a stripped lower.

Del-Ton, Inc. A complete line of AR-15 Rifles, AR 15 Parts and AR15 Accessories.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

How much would it cost to have someone build one for me? can that even be done? Or is it illegal if they are not a gun shop or have a FFL?

If you want to build one you can get a complete kit less the lower here. AR15 Complete Rifle Kits (Less Receiver)
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The kit is 465 and with the parts i added it's 710. Now is this a complete rifle? After you make it your good to go shooting? Or is this only half a kit? I'm so new to the AR-15 platform and have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Before you spend ANY $$$, I strongly suggest you read this article.

"An AR-15 Buyers Guide"

It will detail everything, and I mean everything you want to know about what to buy, what is important, and why not to buy certain things. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a AR. He is a cop and spent many hours developing this guide.

Half the guys on my shift read it before they purchased theirs and had no idea the importance of the little things.

Anyone can buy a gun, almost anyone can build a gun, but unless you know why you are buying what you are buying, you are wasting your money.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    The kit is 465 and with the parts i added it's 710. Now is this a complete rifle? After you make it your good to go shooting? Or is this only half a kit? I'm so new to the AR-15 platform and have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
    This kit comes with a complete and test fired upper. So you would not need to do anything extra to that. What the kit is missing is a stripped lower receiver but does come with everything needed to complete the lower.

So basically you'd need to buy the kit and a stripped lower receiver. Assemble the lower receiver. Then just join the Upper (already complete) to the lower with the two take down pins.

Check out this thread on AR15.com. It'll help you get familiar with how everything goes together. I used this guide on my first build and I think I had my lower complete in an about an hour.

Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The lower is easy to build. Look at these.

Assembling the Lower Receiver Introduction
    BROWNELLS: Assembling the Lower Receiver Introduction

Installing the Magazine Catch
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Magazine Catch

Installing a Bolt Catch
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Bolt Catch

Installing the Pivot Pin
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Pivot Pin

Installing the Trigger Group
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Trigger Group

Installing the Safety Selector & Pistol Grip
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Safety Selector & Pistol Grip

Installing the Trigger Guard
    BROWNELLS: Installing the Trigger Guard
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

i got my bushmaster m-4 patrolmans carbine with carry handle scope mount and 3x9x50 simmons scope for around $900.00 as i recall but bought it from a old gunsmith i know pretty well, my brother before he passed away and had done a lot of buisness with him so i got it for 10% above his cost + shipping. he was a close personal friend of Carlos Hathkock, the marine sniper who had over 100 confermed kills in viet-nam, more than any other of the war! and has Carlos's personal drag bag. i got the carry handle type insted of the flat top as it's what i alway's carried in the army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast