ACLU of Louisiana files lawsuit over gun... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACLU of Louisiana files lawsuit over gun...

In God We Trust appeared on our coinage almost a century before 1956.

Regardless of what the anti-American ACLU says, the First Amendment does not declare America to be an atheist country. The founders wanted to guard against a "Church of America" to which citizens were forced to pay taxes. They most certainly did not want every vestige of European Christianity expunged from the nation the way the ACLU does.

"Let's go back to the America of 1950 . . ."

You mean when children were allowed to pray in school? When kids could be taught about the Judeo-Christian heritage of the United States? Before every high school in America became saturated with illegal drugs? That 1950?

Incidentally, what do you think the number "1950" signifies? Why do Americans refer to 1950 and not some other number?

The ACLU insists that government seizure of all privately owned firearms would be perfectly constitutional. Please tell us how that position is not anti-American.

You must have a real problem with God to be so obsessed about denying Him.

After you finish reading about the ACLU, read The Atheist Syndrome, by John P. Koster. You might learn something about yourself.

3. Founded... Rodger Baldwin on Communist principles.

ACLU succinctly sums up their anti gun, anti second amendment viewpoint:

Ē . . .the individualís right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected.Ē

Roger Baldwin, founder of the ACLU - snopes.com

ACLU Founders & History
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    In God We Trust appeared on our coinage almost a century before 1956.
    Along with many pagan symbols as well. It didnít become an official motto until 1956

Regardless of what the anti-American ACLU says, the First Amendment does not declare America to be an atheist country.
    And neither does it declare the United States to be a Puritan or Lutherean, or Baptist nation. The First separates gods from government and government from gods. It declares neutrality for all beliefs as well as no belief. That is the American way.

Attempts to use government to promote one of the 300+ religious beliefs is not the American way. That would be the way of the Puritans as well as the Taliban. Both of which outlawed the celebration of Christmas.

You mean when children were allowed to pray in school?.
    Children are still allowed to pray in school. No one has ever been prevented from praying in a public school. Real Christians obey Matthew 6:6.

You must have a real problem with God to be so obsessed about denying Him.
    And, pray tell, how do you know your god has a gender?

I donít deny any gods anymore than I deny the tooth fairy. I simply donít believe in things for which there is no evidence.

In fact, you and I are way more alike than we are different. You and I donít believe in 9,999 gods. The only difference between us is that I believe in one less than you.

"And, pray tell, how do you know your god has a gender?"

His Son referred to Him thus.

"Real Christians obey Matthew 6:6."

If you are not a Christian, how can you claim to know what "real" Christians do or should do? In fact, you don't.

"I simply don’t believe in things for which there is no evidence."

You believe the universe popped into existence out of nothing. You believe that random atoms assembled themselves into living beings that eventually gained self-awareness and a concept of their own creator.

Where's the evidence for those scientifically impossible occurrences?

The tooth fairy makes more sense than that.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those (like you) who do not believe, no explanation is possible.

A few years ago I met a man who used to be an atheist—until he mapped the human genome.

"The only difference between us is that I believe in one less [god] than you."

Someday you will discover that what you think is an "only" difference is quite a significant difference.

Once again, how is the ACLU's assertion that government seizure of privately owned firearms not anti-American?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12