Post offices and CFP laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post offices and CFP laws

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Another loop hole here is Post Offices inside other facilities..
    Near me is an Ace Hardware with a Post Office inside.. It is Legal to carry in the Ace Hardware and even do Postal transactions..
    This is important to me, as I mostly ride a motorcycle.. So, my choice is - Carry inside a post office - OR Remove my gun on a public street, place it in my unlocked Saddle bag and leave the pistol unattended..

Now my statement that follows is not a "legal" question, but which is worse... Carrying a pistol that is concealed into a post-office or leaving a pistol unattended in an unlocked Saddle bag??? Hummmm...

Thus I go to the Post Office inside of the Ace Hardware to avoid both of these situations..
    When inside another facility like that the Postal "property line" starts at the customer edge of the counter...you could not go behind the counter but you can be in the hardware store. Not sure about actual postal transactions....

O K my head is singing loonie tunes with all the stars visible .
    The US Mail went Private years ago ,so which is it Gov. or Private or in some weird way are they both ?
    Washington didn't use his right of free speech to defeat the British , he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by stovepipe View Post
    O K my head is singing loonie tunes with all the stars visible .
    The US Mail went Private years ago ,so which is it Gov. or Private or in some weird way are they both ?
    I asked a retired postal inspector this a couple months ago...he said they are quasi-government...which means they are government when they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Grunt View Post
    My understanding is yes it is illegal at all federal buildings. I am open to education
    Correct. All federal offices and service centers including the Veterans Administration (and their hospitals), the IRS and Social Security.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12