non resident open carry

Thread: non resident open carry

non resident open carry

I have my conceal licence for MA. Can I open carry in Maine?

Maine does not honor the MA license.

Mass license

You need a license to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle...

Maine Law

Loaded firearms in motor vehicles: It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm or crossbow in or on a motor vehicle (including trailer, ATV, aircraft, snowmobile, or railway car). A loaded clip may be carried in a motor vehicle, but it must not be inserted in a firearm. Persons who hold a Maine concealed firearms permit may carry a loaded pistol or revolver in a motor vehicle.

Firearms may be transported in a motor vehicle without a concealed firearms permit provided they are (1) unloaded and in plain view, or (2) are unloaded and placed in a remote secure area (such as a locked trunk) away from the control of the occupants of the motor vehicle. For purposes of this law, a muzzle-loading firearm is considered to be loaded only if charged with powder, lead and a primed ignition device or mechanism. This provision also applies to crossbows.

I know they concider it concealed while in a car. Im going camping and want to OPEN cary at the sight. I know maine doesn't honor mass licence for concealed carry. My question was, can I open carry (not in a car)without a licence, being from Mass

Call the DPS Weapons Permit Division in Augusta (207) 624-7210
    They will advise you correctly on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by thedub88 View Post
    I have my conceal licence for MA. Can I open carry in Maine?
    Carrying open while in a vehicle is considered concealed and need a ME permit. You don't need a ME or outside state permit to carry open while outside of a vehicle, As long as you abid by the local and state laws you should be fine. Stay out of Post Offices, Schools, Colleges, Court Houses, other State, Local, Federal Buildings, Oh! and the Acadia National Park and The Appalachian Trail because the state says its safe out in the woods while you are alone... You may get some hassle in Sanford, ME and Portland, ME by the Police Departments if you intend on carrying open within that town and city...

thanks for the reply guys! I went camping in Brownfield. I open carried at the site without any problems, exept for the lecture I got from the anti's I camped with!!

8. You can open carry in maine as long as it is not a no carry zone.