Gunfire Ends Wilton, Maine Home Invasion Attempt

Thread: Gunfire Ends Wilton, Maine Home Invasion Attempt

1. Gunfire Ends Wilton, Maine Home Invasion Attempt

February 22, 2011

WILTON - A homeowner fired his gun to stop a home invasion attempt last night.

A little after 9 p.m. Monday, a resident on Main Street was home when he heard someone trying to break in through a locked back door. After calling 911 at 9:17 p.m., the resident said he repeatedly warned the subject trying to gain entrance into his home that he had a firearm, according Wilton Officer Nicholas Zecher who responded to the call.

Despite warnings, the suspect continued to try to get into the house. The resident then fired a single gunshot at the rear door.

READ MORE

Maine CWP Training
    When the person reasonably believes that deadly force is necessary to prevent or terminate the commission of a criminal trespass by such other person, who the person reasonably believes:
    (1) Has entered or is attempting to enter the dwelling... place or has surreptitiously remained within the dwelling place without a license or privilege to do so; and
    (2) Is committing or is likely to commit some other crime within the dwelling place.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    February 22, 2011

WILTON - A homeowner fired his gun to stop a home invasion attempt last night.

A little after 9 p.m. Monday, a resident on Main Street was home when he heard someone trying to break in through a locked back door. After calling 911 at 9:17 p.m., the resident said he repeatedly warned the subject trying to gain entrance into his home that he had a firearm, according Wilton Officer Nicholas Zecher who responded to the call.

Despite warnings, the suspect continued to try to get into the house. The resident then fired a single gunshot at the rear door.

READ MORE

Maine CWP Training
    When the person reasonably believes that deadly force is necessary to prevent or terminate the commission of a criminal trespass by such other person, who the person reasonably believes:
    (1) Has entered or is attempting to enter the dwelling... place or has surreptitiously remained within the dwelling place without a license or privilege to do so; and
    (2) Is committing or is likely to commit some other crime within the dwelling place.
    I hate reading stuff like this taking place so close to my state. I could understand if this happend in the portapotty state(MA.)But a beautiful state such as Maine, makes me mad

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Nice shooting! Do unto others before they do unto you.