Maine Concealed Firearm Permit Good in 21 States Soon

Thread: Maine Concealed Firearm Permit Good in 21 States Soon

1. Maine Concealed Firearm Permit Good in 21 States Soon

Maine Concealed Firearm Permit holders will soon have one more state to lawfully conceal your firearm in defense of self and innocent others. This makes the total; 21 states that recognize Maine Concealed Firearm Permits.

SOURCE

3. WISCONSIN STATE LEGISLATURE
    PASSES LANDMARK RIGHT-TO-CARRY LEGISLATION

Both chambers of the Wisconsin state legislature have voted to approve one of the nation's strongest Right-to-Carry bills, by solid bipartisan margins. Senate Bill 93, which was strongly backed by NRA, now goes to Governor Scott Walker (R) for his expected signature. When signed, it will leave Illinois as the only state that provides no way for citizens to carry concealed firearms for self-protection outside their homes or places of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    When signed, it will leave Illinois as the only state that provides no way for citizens to carry concealed firearms for self-protection outside their homes or places of business.
    While I applaud WI for their efforts to get right to carry passed, I would point out that HI basically does not issue permits to ordinary citizens. There is only one HI CCW permit in issuance to a non-LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    While I applaud WI for their efforts to get right to carry passed, I would point out that HI basically does not issue permits to ordinary citizens. There is only one HI CCW permit in issuance to a non-LEO.
    Put NJ into that group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Yes. It's deceptive in that New Jersey [I]only[I] charges $25 for a 2 year permit. I am assuming it is so cheap because even the state government knows that it will never be a viable source of revenue because they rarely approve anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Maine Concealed Firearm Permit holders will soon have one more state to lawfully conceal your firearm in defense of self and innocent others. This makes the total; 21 states that recognize Maine Concealed Firearm Permits.

SOURCE
    What does Maine have against the other states that aren't reciprocal? I live in Missouri. Missouri recognizes Maine CCW permits. Why does Maine not accept Missouri?
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

8. Missouri standards for issue might be lower than Maine's? With a GOP legislature and Governor they are actively working to increases reciprocal and recognized states.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    While in the same group, NJ is actually better than HI, if that can be believed.