18 year old Non Resident application
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 year old Non Resident application

1. 18 year old Non Resident application

We are NYS resident I have a NON resident CCF with Maine

On Tuesday My son turns 18 He has been shooting with me since he was 14 and we are at the range at least 3 times a month and in the summer some times as much as 6 to seven times a month as we compete in the GSSF competitions

I want him to apply for a CCF permit with every state he can as he becomes eligible get just in case the laws change and permits become harder to get,I also feel its something that will keep him heading in the correct direction know he could lose his ability to carry a gun if he gets into trouble. I know when I was young I was often reminded of this by my Dad

I am trying to find out what is the required training he needs to apply.

Thanks

Larry

conceal carry

Not sure how thing work out east. Here in Nebraska you have to have a cc permit in the state you reside in for your nonresident permit to be effective. Utah and Florida nonresidents will give you alot of states.

4. OK I found the information I needed on training .

This is copied from the Booklet

State of Maine laws relating to permits to carry Concealed firearms

Located at

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/license...%20Booklet.pdf

The applicant may fully satisfy this requirement by submitting to the issuing
    authority, through documentation in accordance with this subparagraph, proof
    that the applicant has within 5 years prior to the date of application completed a
    course that included handgun safety offered by or under the supervision of a
    federal, state, county or municipal law enforcement agency or a firearms
    instructor certified by a private firearms association recognized as
    knowledgeable in matters of firearms safety by the issuing authority or by the
    state in which the course was taken. A course completion certificate or other
    document, or a photocopy, is sufficient if it recites or otherwise demonstrates that
    the course meets all of the requirements of this subparagraph.
    As an alternative way of fully satisfying this requirement, an applicant may
    personally demonstrate knowledge of handgun safety to an issuing authority, if
    the issuing authority is willing to evaluate an applicant's personal demonstration
    of such knowledge. The issuing authority is not required to offer this 2nd option.
    The demonstration of knowledge of handgun safety to the issuing authority
    may not be required of any applicant who holds a valid State permit to carry a
    concealed firearm as of April 15, 1990 or of any applicant who was or is in any
    of the Armed Forces of the United States and has received at least basic
    firearms training.
    2. Complete application; certification by applicant. The requirements set out in
    subsection 1, constitute a complete application. By affixing the applicant's signature to
    the application, the applicant certifies the following:
    A. That the statements the applicant makes in the application and any
    documents the applicant makes a part of the application are true and correct;
    A-1. That the applicant understands that an affirmative answer to the question
    in subsection 1, paragraph D, subparagraph (5), division (l) or (o) is cause for
    refusal unless the applicant is nonetheless authorized to possess a firearm under
    Title 15, section 393;

5. Quote Originally Posted by rogerw View Post
    Not sure how thing work out east. Here in Nebraska you have to have a cc permit in the state you reside in for your nonresident permit to be effective. Utah and Florida nonresidents will give you alot of states.
    Thank you for the insight.

I never thought about that I just assumed he was eligible. I just re read the application and the handbook and I did not see any reference to having to have a license in your home state

6. Our NRA certified First Steps course would credential him to apply for his non- Resident Concealed Firearm Permit. We schedule these courses 7-days a week by appointment. Feel free to call or email with any further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Our NRA certified First Steps course would credential him to apply for his non- Resident Concealed Firearm Permit. We schedule these courses 7-days a week by appointment. Feel free to call or email with any further questions.

and he can get ME permit at 18, correct?

8. You are correct. Eligible to apply for a Maine non- Resident permit at the age of 18.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Our NRA certified First Steps course would credential him to apply for his non- Resident Concealed Firearm Permit. We schedule these courses 7-days a week by appointment. Feel free to call or email with any further questions.
    Thank You

He sat thru a first step back in 2009. The certificate is hanging above our gun bench. I am going to send that in

10. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and he can get ME permit at 18, correct?
    Once he get the ME he will then be quantified to apply for the New Hampshire Non Resident permit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast