Non-Resident Waiting Time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Resident Waiting Time

Non-Resident Waiting Time

Just an update for anyone who may be waiting:

I mailed my application on Sept. 29
    Check cleared around the middle of October, I believe.
    Received the permit in the mail on Dec. 24

A bit over the 60 days, but...not horrible.

Thanks for the info, but....

Could you tell us which state(s) you are talking about? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Could you tell us which state(s) you are talking about? Thanks.
    Maine

Thnx. for the info., I just mailed mine in this past Saturday.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

So, like Florida, you can apply for a Maine permit through the mail without ever setting foot in the state? Is that correct? What does Maine accept for training/competency requirements?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    So, like Florida, you can apply for a Maine permit through the mail without ever setting foot in the state? Is that correct? What does Maine accept for training/competency requirements?
    I do not know about FL., but YES, Maine you can apply throught the mail. I beleive on page 7(F) of the application it says....By Affixing Your Signature Below As The Applicant You: "Certify that you understand that you must demonstrate to this issuing authority a knowledge of handgun safety as required by Title 25 M.R.S.A./2003 (1) (E) (5), unless you demonstrate that you are exempted under the same statute".
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I do not know about FL., but YES, Maine you can apply throught the mail. I beleive on page 7(F) of the application it says....By Affixing Your Signature Below As The Applicant You: "Certify that you understand that you must demonstrate to this issuing authority a knowledge of handgun safety as required by Title 25 M.R.S.A./2003 (1) (E) (5), unless you demonstrate that you are exempted under the same statute".
    I did not know that. I thought that Florida and Utah were the only states whose permits a nonresident could get without stepping foot into the state.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

You can download the appl. OR call for one which is what I did. Got appl. within a week and have been hanging onto it all summer. I was out of work due to Back injury, so it was not on my priority list. Finally just sent it in with my $60.!

Well, I mailed my application out last Saturday and it came back this past Friday! Only problem, I forgot to get a signature from a "witness" . Yes, ME. sent it back but did not keep my check and basically stick it to me. I had a witness sign it and I also sent ME. back the .76 cents postage (in stamps) for them sending it to me. So I guess the $2.28 extra on postage was better than them keeping my $60.00?! Thnk you ME.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Well, I mailed my application out last Saturday and it came back this past Friday! Only problem, I forgot to get a signature from a "witness" . Yes, ME. sent it back but did not keep my check and basically stick it to me. I had a witness sign it and I also sent ME. back the .76 cents postage (in stamps) for them sending it to me. So I guess the $2.28 extra on postage was better than them keeping my $60.00?! Thnk you ME.
    Now that's customer service for you. Let's hope that they're just as good in getting your permit to you in a timely manner.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast