Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 11
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Please do not do this. While I agree with you, the way the police have treated UNARMED peaceful protesters has been violent, deadly, and appalling. If you bring guns into the mix, they will not be using pepper spray and rubber bullets to stop the protest, besides this those who are arrested will be stripped of their privilege to bear arms due to our justice system being horribly corrupt and broken at the moment. The news will spin you all as some fanatical gun nuts and use it as ammunition to show how "crazy gun people are". They will make some **** up about how someone was waving their gun around or whatever and the truth will not matter.

Instead I would recommend doing what many other states have done and has worked well, start a militia of law abiding owners. Like VA's Citizens Defense League, an organization that supports the 2nd and brings the community together, they affect large areas and VA and have done a lot of good. People like these help keep Virginia law as free and fair as it is with respect to firearms. If we can start many organizations like this, and dispel the untruths about gun owners in doing so the laws will come naturally. We will have to fight for it, but now when we finally have this small victory after 36 years of oppression is not the time to protest, it is a time to celebrate. We are not doing enough to befriend the community and teach them with a calm tone and kind hand even while they sceam and kick. Now is the time to show the state we are good people with good intentions. That we are responsible with our lives and our guns. Regardless of our beliefs marching around washington demanding our rights will get us nowhere, as evidenced with the occupy movement. The gov has become too corrupt for peaceful protests to be effective, we must target our own communities, friends, and families so that every single citizen will speak on our behalf whenever they try to infringe on our rights.
    Tricky
    In your first paragraph you talk of the police treating peaceful protestors unfairly which I agree with, but you don't make sense about the police not using pepper spray or rubber bullets if guns get in the mix. What I am hearing is that "responsible gun owners" will cause the police to use deadly force and this would lead to us losing our gun rights ..... WHAT GUN RIGHTS?
    Responsible gun owners are not allowed to bring their guns Anywhere in this jacked up state!
    The MD State of "they think they are always right" doesn't acknowledge the 2nd Amendment Period!!
    We can't be stripped of something we don't have! And our Justice system is already corrupt guns or no guns.
    You had/have great ideas in the second paragraph, communities should get together and stand for what is Right!

I just mailed my application to MSP on Monday morning. I had not heard about the Fed judge ruling yet.
    I actually had all the documents to back up my "good and substantial reason", but seems that I really did not need it. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Probably will not know until summer.

If you want to make a difference, join Maryland Shall Issue, the grassroots organization that has worked tirelessly for carry reform in MD.

Maryland Shall Issue - The Citizens Defense League of Maryland
    Attached Images Attached Images Maryland Concealed Carry Permit-msi_banner.jpg 

5. [QUOTE=Tricky;283097]Please do not do this. While I agree with you, the way the police have treated UNARMED peaceful protesters has been violent, deadly, and appalling. If you bring guns into the mix, they will not be using pepper spray and rubber bullets to stop the protest, besides this those who are arrested will be stripped of their privilege to bear arms due to our justice system being horribly corrupt and broken at the moment. The news will spin you all as some fanatical gun nuts and use it as ammunition to show how "crazy gun people are". They will make some **** up about how someone was waving their gun around or whatever and the truth will not matter.

I know the risks Tricky. The assertion of one's rights in the face of those intending to strip them is never an easy task, but if we don't then we are allowing the ones who are OUR government servants dictate to us what we can and cannot do in complete disregard of our founding documents' prohibition. I'm sick and tired of acting helpless.

I guarantee you if a significant number (1,000s) of lawful gun owners protested by actually asserting a right that our Constitution says the government has NO SAY in, something would have to change because they have NO LEGAL STANDING.

Hopefully every thing goes our way and we can get the state to start issuing permits in a timely manner.

MSP App

Quote Originally Posted by Craigzy1 View Post
    I just mailed my application to MSP on Monday morning. I had not heard about the Fed judge ruling yet.
    I actually had all the documents to back up my "good and substantial reason", but seems that I really did not need it. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Probably will not know until summer.
    I will have all the docs complete for application in about 3 weeks to support "good and substantial reason" very interested in your outcome

Well they cashed my check on 3/8, but will surely be a while before I hear anything.

9. I really hope the attorney generals appeal does not work. I really cannot see any reason other than politics and corruption why this is even being appealed. I think rep McClintock said it best: "Overall, states with right to carry laws have over 22% lower crime rates, 30% lower murder rates, 26% lower robbery rates, and 12% lower aggravated assault rates as compared to the rest of the country. Indeed right to carry laws have been so successful that NO state has EVER rescinded one."

Msp

Quote Originally Posted by Craigzy1:287640
    Well they cashed my check on 3/8, but will surely be a while before I hear anything.
    Well MSP has my application with G & S requirerment. Disappointed to hear some with out it have been returned. Let the wait begin.

I went for my interview with MSP on Monday 4/16. Not a big deal, wanted to talk about any criminal background, past threats or assaults on me, asked about drivers license/suspensions, etc. and all of you will love this. He wanted a phone number where he could reach my wife. He needs to talk to her. I did not even ask why, but I am sure it is to ask about any domestic violence issues. I think the background check should be sufficient enough to answer those questions, but I certainly was not going to argue with him. So your wife may be the difference in weather you get a permit or not. I should have asked him if a woman comes in for an interview do you need to contact her husband, but of course I did not think of that until I got home.
    Also FYI, even though the Federal Judge ruled that the Maryland requirement to have a good and substantial reason to carry is unconstitutional, this has not changed anything. He said that they have been flooded with permits that do not have G&S attached since the ruling. That everyone is simply stating their reason is for "self defense and all lawful purposes" this is a waste of your time and money. These applications will either be sent back or not considered for approval. Until MD is forced to change to a shall issue state and issue permits to those that are good law abiding citizens and can pass a background check that can prove that, we will still have to have a good reason to carry.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast