Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 20
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

1. Well, I bit the bullet today and am trying for my non-resident MD permit. I have reasonable justification (IMHO) and have provided it along with the app. The cost was a little of a sticker shock - definitely more costly than Virginia.

Along with the $75 application fee, I paid $15 for the photos required and $49.50 for Livescan fingerprinting. Still, if I make this hurdle, it would be worthwhile. We would like to enjoy the shops up in MD and I have my dentist up there. Up to this point, we always avoid MD.

Wish me luck - I'm hopeful and at the same time, feeling like I need the well-wishes!

Did you address or satisfy the good and substantial clause required by the Maryland State Police? I believe it unconstitutional but they will want it fulfilled. Keep us updated.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

4. Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Did you address or satisfy the good and substantial clause required by the Maryland State Police? I believe it unconstitutional but they will want it fulfilled. Keep us updated.

I think I addressed it well, but seeing recent news articles of denials and the reasons they provided, I'm not at all confident. Will definitely provide results when in, and then, of course, the status of my appeal.

MSP will put so many restrictions on it as to be almost useless if not involved in the G&S reason you provided.

Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    The answer for Maryland is to elect Conservatives into office and dump the Liberal Progressives. You have the means to make changes. If you continue to vote in the people you have, you will always have what you've got.
    Well looks like we might get a little tilt to the right with this new Governor

7. Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Well looks like we might get a little tilt to the right with this new Governor

Democrats "enjoy" a two-to-one edge in REGISTERED VOTERS. SOMEHOW, the Dems manage to boast a SEVEN-to-one advantage in the MD Legislature. At first blush, it looks to me like there are a LOT of "registered voters" not stepping up to do their civic responsibility. JMHO.

8. Fingerprints went through. Should expect my denial any day now.....

9. Came back pretty quickly, but not a denial. I didn't include a page. Doh!

10. CCW non-resident

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier View Post
    Or should I say the lack there of...I can't wait to get to move away from here!!!
    To bearthehair ,
    try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia , I did and it came in the mail soon after I applied . Now as long as I transport according
    to Maryland's law I can and have carried when I go to Va.

try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by brian b View Post
    To bearthehair ,
    try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia , I did and it came in the mail soon after I applied . Now as long as I transport according
    to Maryland's law I can and have carried when I go to Va.
    Get a Utah Permit. Relatively easy and good in 30+ states, not including Maryland. Used to be good in Pennsylvania until they elected a Lib Attorney General. See https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast