Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Don't expect any real change in Maryland just because they got a Repub. Gov. The legislature is still a Democrat majority.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MNMGoneShooting View Post
    Fingerprints went through. Should expect my denial any day now.....
    No, No, No - you have this all wrong! They will wait their maximum allotted time (or more) to issue their denial, that way it will be even longer before they have to deny - uh, "consider" - your appeal. They hope you will loose interest or just go away before then.

Please keep the forum posted on the progress of your application (and likely subsequent appeal).

The Maryland Concealed Carry Permit is a Maryland problem. And, they are the only ones that can fix it. They have to be bold, loud and demanding that the MD. CCW is aloud to go forward and the restrictions and political blockages are removed. As things stand, yes there is such a thing as a MD. CCW, but getting one is not likely. Also, there needs to be reciprocal agreements with other states to allow non-resident carry. I like the law in Indiana. they recognize concealed carry from all other states. Like a drivers license, if you can drive in any other state you can drive in Indiana.
    I was born and raised in MD. but live in a bordering state and only go back when it is a must,(mainly funerals) as I can't carry in MD. I spend my vacation money in my state or a gun friendly state. Maryland, not only no, but Hell No!
    My stance, times a million, is costing Maryland a many millions of tourist dollars. And, you can never have enough of that.

Avil6 makes a good point and that is exactly what happened in my case. When I first inquired (about 15 years ago) I was told it was a very very minimal chance of being approved so I gave up for a while. So I started reading up on it again about 5 years ago and finally started the process...but this time I got professional help LOL (no jokes) this time was good.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

SR9 you are right but if moving is not an option there is a way to get it...but difficult. My renewal is now and it is taking a while. A buddy of mine is going through the same process and they are requiring additional documentation. He said... don't get frustrated just connect the dots. We use the same professioal consultant. Let you know how it goes....

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

7. I lived in Annapolis for a few years, then Hagerstown, and I can honestly say that state is the worst I have ever lived-in, bar none. I'm back to my home state, AR, and quite happy with way-of-life here. In Maryland it's almost as if the state despises its citizens with all the ridiculous laws on the books, one which required me to pay a $1,500 dollar fee to transfer my vehicle tags from Arkansas to Maryland. I got an out of state permit, and just tagged my car in Arkansas.

This is but one of many problems. Annapolis was the most expensive town to live-in at the time. The crime there was atrocious. Left a pair of prescription glasses in a restaurant there, got in the car, and realized I had left the sunglasses inside. Nobody knew what happened to them as they were gone when I walked back inside. Someone later said that is a common problem. They steal the glasses and sell the frames.

Murders were rampant in convenience stores/gas pumps. One happened less than 30 minutes after I gassed up at one.

If an enema was given to the U.S., Maryland would be where they insert the tube, and D.C. would run a very close second place.

I'll never go back to Maryland, and have to commute to Balto or D.C. Moving there was most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever done with my life.

D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S. back then. I was parked behind the White House one trip, and someone was murdered in their car just 3 hours after I left. I recognized the exact spot on the news.

I feel lucky to get out of there with my sanity, and my life.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hjc4604 View Post
    Get a Utah Permit. Relatively easy and good in 30+ states, not including Maryland. Used to be good in Pennsylvania until they elected a Lib Attorney General. See https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/
    True, when I got my first Ohio CC, all I did was mail a copy of my Ohio CC, and an application to to a PA Sheriff with a check and he sent me a Pa. CC permit.

When I renewed this year I called and they no longer do that, there is only on location, you have to go in person and you have to have good reason why you want to carry.

If we don't stop these Liberals soon we're done.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    True, when I got my first Ohio CC, all I did was mail a copy of my Ohio CC, and an application to to a PA Sheriff with a check and he sent me a Pa. CC permit.

When I renewed this year I called and they no longer do that, there is only on location, you have to go in person and you have to have good reason why you want to carry.

If we don't stop these Liberals soon we're done.
    Yep...me too! had to take the Maryland stuff in person to PA but all went OK.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I lived in Annapolis for a few years, then Hagerstown, and I can honestly say that state is the worst I have ever lived-in, bar none. I'm back to my home state, AR, and quite happy with way-of-life here. In Maryland it's almost as if the state despises its citizens with all the ridiculous laws on the books, one which required me to pay a $1,500 dollar fee to transfer my vehicle tags from Arkansas to Maryland. I got an out of state permit, and just tagged my car in Arkansas.

This is but one of many problems. Annapolis was the most expensive town to live-in at the time. The crime there was atrocious. Left a pair of prescription glasses in a restaurant there, got in the car, and realized I had left the sunglasses inside. Nobody knew what happened to them as they were gone when I walked back inside. Someone later said that is a common problem. They steal the glasses and sell the frames.

Murders were rampant in convenience stores/gas pumps. One happened less than 30 minutes after I gassed up at one.

If an enema was given to the U.S., Maryland would be where they insert the tube, and D.C. would run a very close second place.

I'll never go back to Maryland, and have to commute to Balto or D.C. Moving there was most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever done with my life.

D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S. back then. I was parked behind the White House one trip, and someone was murdered in their car just 3 hours after I left. I recognized the exact spot on the news.

I feel lucky to get out of there with my sanity, and my life.
    Stay away from DC that's like jumping from the pan to the fire... Libs they are going to destroy it all! I did look into Arkansas for future retirement and was surprised at how dirt cheap housing was but not quite able yet!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Stay away from DC that's like jumping from the pan to the fire... Libs they are going to destroy it all! I did look into Arkansas for future retirement and was surprised at how dirt cheap housing was but not quite able yet!
    Farmhood, I'd strongly suggest northwest Arkansas as a retirement option. I live in Bella Vista, AR, a quaint little city just north of Bentonville.

Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville makeup most of the population here, and this corner of the state is a melting-pot of people from all over the world, partly due to Walmart, and the University of Arkansas.

This area of Arkansas is so far removed from the rest of the state, as to be its own entity. They are finally widening I-540 to I-49 to 4 lanes each direction, as the traffic has become reminiscent of Balto, but not as bad as the suicide loop around D.C.

The area has been under a population explosion for at least 10 years, and possibly longer. Make that 18 years.

There are many retirement areas that could compete with here, but I'm stuck here until I die. I'm done living and working in big cities, with all the pitfalls and problems.

I live in the Highlands, near Loch Lomond, and I could throw a golf ball onto a golf course close-by, but can't golf any more.

Get some brochures from the Chambers of commerce for the cities listed. I live in Bella Vista with woods surrounding me, and when leaves are on trees, I don't know anyone lives in the same area. Can't see their homes.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast