Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

I can tell you as a PA LTCF holder that regularly vacations in MD the family and I will be travelling a little farther south to VA beach where my UT CC license will be recognized.

Maybe if enough tourism dollars are lost MD will wake up.

Shocked me!

I'm originally from Maryland but have been living in NC for the last 11 years. It shocks the mess out of me that I can possess a concealed carry in NC and can not travel back to MD to visit family with my hand gun. My permit will be recognized in VA but not MD. I can't go up to visit my dad and spend time with him at the shooting range unless I pay to apply for a permit up there and prove that I can walk on water, give them my first born, cut off my right ear... you get the point and even then they will turn me down b/c someone had a bad day, I'm too short, one ear is lower than the other..... Even if I go to WV to visit family there I will have to go around my butt to get to my elbow just to avoid MD when traveling with my handgun. Thank God I was smart enough to move as soon as I could and never went back! Oh how much I could type/fuss about what would happen if I was robbed up there and I had my gun...bet I would be arrested for being the victim and trying to protect myself! People in MD talk about rednecks, hicks, and backwoods mentality...Hell I would choose our way of thinking any day of the week over the MD bull...at least I am safe & protected. As a girl, I am proud of my backwoods way of thinking and thankful my dad taught me to protect myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsen View Post
    I can tell you as a PA LTCF holder that regularly vacations in MD the family and I will be travelling a little farther south to VA beach where my UT CC license will be recognized.

Maybe if enough tourism dollars are lost MD will wake up.
    Your PA LTCF is recognized in VA....

Exclamation Not a toy

Just like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege, not a right. I understand what the Constitution says but could you imagine if every idiot out there could legally carry a gun everywhere they wanted to? It would be like Iraq in no time! Obtaining a license to carry is something everyone should try to do and if you don't get one, then leave the gun at home! And if you truly need to carry a gun where you're going then you may not want to go there. Telling the government that you should be able to carry is like telling them that you don't trust the men and women in uniform who are there to protect you, and I trust them with my life. Just like anything else you don't like about the policies put in place, "Love it or leave it". I love Maryland, and I will continue to obey the laws and not complain about them. They're there for our protection.

Quote Originally Posted by gvegasprincess View Post
    I'm originally from Maryland but have been living in NC for the last 11 years. It shocks the mess out of me that I can possess a concealed carry in NC and can not travel back to MD to visit family with my hand gun. My permit will be recognized in VA but not MD. I can't go up to visit my dad and spend time with him at the shooting range unless I pay to apply for a permit up there and prove that I can walk on water, give them my first born, cut off my right ear... you get the point and even then they will turn me down b/c someone had a bad day, I'm too short, one ear is lower than the other..... Even if I go to WV to visit family there I will have to go around my butt to get to my elbow just to avoid MD when traveling with my handgun. Thank God I was smart enough to move as soon as I could and never went back! Oh how much I could type/fuss about what would happen if I was robbed up there and I had my gun...bet I would be arrested for being the victim and trying to protect myself! People in MD talk about rednecks, hicks, and backwoods mentality...Hell I would choose our way of thinking any day of the week over the MD bull...at least I am safe & protected. As a girl, I am proud of my backwoods way of thinking and thankful my dad taught me to protect myself!!!!
    Yes... By all means protect yourself. But when in Gods name are you going to need to do it when you're out of your home? Maryland recognizes self protection just like anywhere else. But if the perp is unarmed, then why would you want to shoot them? Personally I am more than happy to call the police and let my tax dollars come out and take care of the problem for me.

Exclamation Infrigment

Quote Originally Posted by bearthehair View Post
    I'll be honest, I an not a firearms expert but I am a Maryland resident and it truly infuriates me that my state ignores our right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

I've actually been thinking of applying for a non-resident permit somewhere, mostly out of protest of Maryland's policy. Can anyone recommend a state for this?

Thanks,

Will
    "Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean that every Tom, **** and Harry out there can carry their guns around town. What need do you have to do that anyways? If you are going somewhere that you HAVE TO carry a gun, I suggest you don't go there anymore. The State of Maryland recognizes your right to bear arms, and it has no problem with you owning a gun and keeping it in your home. MD just doesn't want you going out in town with it. And I don't blame them. Currently (as of Nov. 29, 2010) Baltimore is the 3rd most dangerous city in the Nation. The last thing that the State needs are more idiots waving a gun around screaming about Constitutional Rights and Infrigment. If you're hunting, fine. If you're target shooting, fine. If you don't trust the law enforcement that are TRAINED to handle all different situations, than I suggest you apply, attend the academy, graduate, swear in, and wear the uniform yourself. Than you HAVE TO carry a gun everywhere. Happy?

Thumbs down Wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    Just like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege, not a right.
    Nope, please re-read the constitution, it's not called the bill of privileges, it's called the bill of rights.

I understand what the Constitution says...
    Actually you have basically told me that you do not.

...but could you imagine if every idiot out there could legally carry a gun everywhere they wanted to?
    Yeah, I can, it's called Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona

It would be like Iraq in no time!
    Yeah I see Shiite terrorists blowing things up in the deserts of Vermont and Alaska all the time. Did you get that story from the Onion?

Obtaining a license to carry is something everyone should try to do and if you don't get one, then leave the gun at home!
    Good luck with that in DC, that wonderfully crime free city.

And if you truly need to carry a gun where you're going then you may not want to go there.
    So are we going to make all the criminals wear armbands with inverted green triangles like they did in Nazi-Germany? How am I supposed to know in advance if I am going to get mugged for getting lost in the wrong neighborhood. I guess we should all just stay at home barefoot and pregnant.

Telling the government that you should be able to carry is like telling them that you don't trust the men and women in uniform who are there to protect you, and I trust them with my life.
    The government has no responsability to protect my life, there have already been supreme court cases where they have absolved themselves of that.

Just like anything else you don't like about the policies put in place, "Love it or leave it". I love Maryland, and I will continue to obey the laws and not complain about them. They're there for our protection.
    Wrong, re-read the first amendment. One of the guarenties within the first amendment is the right to petition the government for redress of greivances.

Yes... By all means protect yourself. But when in Gods name are you going to need to do it when you're out of your home?
    So once someone leaves their home are they automatically safe or do they just lose their right to self protection in Supertrooperland?

Maryland recognizes self protection just like anywhere else.
    Ummm, no they realy don't,
    1-Maryland does not have a consistant or fair system of issuing carry permits.
    2-Maryland is not a Castle Doctrine state.
    3-Maryland does not have Emergency Powers legislation protecting your rights to self protection in a state of emergency.
    4-Maryland restricts the right to carry in state parks.

But if the perp is unarmed, then why would you want to shoot them? Personally I am more than happy to call the police and let my tax dollars come out and take care of the problem for me.
    Myself and most gunowners realy don't look forward to shooting anyone. Just like I don't look forward to putting out an oven fire or pulling someone out of a wrecked vehicle. But none the less I am prepared to do it if needed. I think you have a lot to learn about gunowners and gunownership, stick around and read a bit more, you might learn something.

"Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean that every Tom, **** and Harry out there can carry their guns around town. What need do you have to do that anyways?
    So where is this Supertrooperland where everyone is safe to walk around unarmed? Certainly not in Laramie, Wyoming where a fellow in 1998 was murdered simply for being gay.

If you are going somewhere that you HAVE TO carry a gun, I suggest you don't go there anymore.
    So Mathew Shepard should not have gone to the University of Wyoming? I guess not in your opinion because he wasn't Jay Novacek.

The State of Maryland recognizes your right to bear arms, and it has no problem with you owning a gun and keeping it in your home. MD just doesn't want you going out in town with it.
    No they realy don't, see me previous reply to your other post. And BTW you contradicted yourself here. Right to bear arms means carrying them with you.

And I don't blame them.
    Neither does Sara Brady.

Currently (as of Nov. 29, 2010) Baltimore is the 3rd most dangerous city in the Nation.
    In non-right to carry states crime is generally higher, do some research on the subject.

The last thing that the State needs are more idiots waving a gun around screaming about Constitutional Rights and Infrigment.
    No one is advocating that, we are merely making grassroots efforts to get our civil/human/constitutional rights restored.

If you're hunting, fine. If you're target shooting, fine.
    And if I am minding my own business walking down the street, fine. Or attending Church, fine. Or driving my car, fine.

Wrong wrong and wrong again...

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Nope, please re-read the constitution, it's not called the bill of privileges, it's called the bill of rights.

Actually you have basically told me that you do not.

Yeah, I can, it's called Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona

Yeah I see Shiite terrorists blowing things up in the deserts of Vermont and Alaska all the time. Did you get that story from the Onion?

Good luck with that in DC, that wonderfully crime free city.

So are we going to make all the criminals wear armbands with inverted green triangles like they did in Nazi-Germany? How am I supposed to know in advance if I am going to get mugged for getting lost in the wrong neighborhood. I guess we should all just stay at home barefoot and pregnant.

The government has no responsability to protect my life, there have already been supreme court cases where they have absolved themselves of that.

Wrong, re-read the first amendment. One of the guarenties within the first amendment is the right to petition the government for redress of greivances.

Every person has the unaliable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I have read the Constitution several times (I defend it after all), and I have not once seen anywhere in there that is says that every person has the RIGHT to CARRY their weapon with them in town concealed so no one can see it. Have you? If you have, please tell me which line the in the admendment that it's located. It says that every person has the right to bear arms, and to protect their lives and property. So by that statement I say to you, purchase a firearm, ammunition, and a SAFE and keep the first two in the last so that it is ready for use when the need arises. Aside from Military personnel in a combat zone and Law Enforcement Officers on duty, I have never once met a single person that REQUIRED a gun to be with them at all times.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast