Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

1. Thumbs up protection

my feelings are this"if i am in my house or anywhere on my property then i have a god given right to protect all my friends and familu members from any reasonable threat. also as i said before do not expect me to have open arms if you come into my house at night unannounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    Yes... By all means protect yourself. But when in Gods name are you going to need to do it when you're out of your home? Maryland recognizes self protection just like anywhere else. But if the perp is unarmed, then why would you want to shoot them? Personally I am more than happy to call the police and let my tax dollars come out and take care of the problem for me.
    Please Mr. Murderer/Rapist, could you wait until the police get here? It will only be 20 minutes or so, they're short handed because it's shift change. When would you need it outside your home? Google Meredith Emerson, she could have used it! Unfortunately, she chose not to carry when she could have. Went hiking with her dog and was attacked. Had a blue belt in some martial art. Disarmed her attacker twice, "She almost beat me!", he said during his confession. He drove her around for 3 days, raped her, tried to get money from her ATM, then teid her to a tree, caved her skull in and cut her head off. He waved to a cop driving by right before he killed her. Despite a BOLO! The gas station operator who actually read the BOLO called the PD and said "That guy your looking for in reference to the missing girl is across the street cleaning out his van." Like the DC Snipers, he was caught because of a civilian tip. Guns are like seatbelts, they're both safety devices. You put them on hoping you'll never need them, but if you do, it's too late to put them on. Funny, Maryland requires us to wear seatbelts in case we get in an accident, why not guns in case we're attacked. I avoid Baltimore, where the police just shot 2 of their own, killing one and shot 5 unarmed civilians, killing 1 (Does that get counted in the city's homicide statistics?). When seconds count the police are only minutes away. Then there are the 2 women recently killed by wild animals while hiking/jogging not to mention others attacked but survived usually due to someone with a gun coming to their rescue. And why, if you're in Virginia, does it matter to you what Maryland does? The police do their job but they can't be everywhere, they are barraged with BOLOs and dealing with a large fighting mob is a recipe for disaster especially in a city like Baltimore(Bodymore, Murderland according to the show "The Wire").
    Last edited by hjc4604; 01-12-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gvegasprincess View Post
    I'm originally from Maryland but have been living in NC for the last 11 years. It shocks the mess out of me that I can possess a concealed carry in NC and can not travel back to MD to visit family with my hand gun. My permit will be recognized in VA but not MD. I can't go up to visit my dad and spend time with him at the shooting range unless I pay to apply for a permit up there and prove that I can walk on water, give them my first born, cut off my right ear... you get the point and even then they will turn me down b/c someone had a bad day, I'm too short, one ear is lower than the other..... Even if I go to WV to visit family there I will have to go around my butt to get to my elbow just to avoid MD when traveling with my handgun. Thank God I was smart enough to move as soon as I could and never went back! Oh how much I could type/fuss about what would happen if I was robbed up there and I had my gun...bet I would be arrested for being the victim and trying to protect myself! People in MD talk about rednecks, hicks, and backwoods mentality...Hell I would choose our way of thinking any day of the week over the MD bull...at least I am safe & protected. As a girl, I am proud of my backwoods way of thinking and thankful my dad taught me to protect myself!!!!
    You can bring your gun to Maryland, just stop in Virginia, lock your unloaded gun in the trunk with the ammo locked in your glove compartment, and drive straight to your father's house without stopping anywhere. Then you can do the same thing when you want to go to the range. Straight there and straight back. Maryland issues Carry Permits to over 90% of applicants. The part left out is that many people would apply but won't becausee it's a waste of time and money. And the permit is restricted to the times that you're actually doing what you stated you needed it for in your application. i.e.: If you're security, only at work/on duty. If your a businessman, only when carrying large sums of cash (We wouldn't want that poor money getting assaulted, it's valuable to the state, people aren't).

Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    Just like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege, not a right. I understand what the Constitution says but could you imagine if every idiot out there could legally carry a gun everywhere they wanted to? It would be like Iraq in no time! Obtaining a license to carry is something everyone should try to do and if you don't get one, then leave the gun at home! And if you truly need to carry a gun where you're going then you may not want to go there. Telling the government that you should be able to carry is like telling them that you don't trust the men and women in uniform who are there to protect you, and I trust them with my life. Just like anything else you don't like about the policies put in place, "Love it or leave it". I love Maryland, and I will continue to obey the laws and not complain about them. They're there for our protection.
    The police are not there to protect you. The police are there to respond to crimes in progress or to document crimes that have already occurred.

We couldn't afford the cost of police forces large enough to have an officer on every corner or outside of every house ready and able to stop all crime before it occurs. You and you alone are responsible for making sure you are not a victim of a crime.

6. self protection

to trooper2trooper I am quite sure that you are well aware of the fact that most criminals dont want the general public armed for the simple reason that the individual just might fight back , not necessarily with deadly force but enough to hold them in check until the police do get there , which by the way could take anywhere from 5to 20 minutes. if you want to wait for the police to earn their pay thats just fine .

Quote Originally Posted by brian b View Post
    to trooper2trooper I am quite sure that you are well aware of the fact that most criminals dont want the general public armed for the simple reason that the individual just might fight back , not necessarily with deadly force but enough to hold them in check until the police do get there , which by the way could take anywhere from 5to 20 minutes. if you want to wait for the police to earn their pay thats just fine .
    trooper2trooper has not been back to this site after he figured out that several people on this site are quite capable of logically and rationally countering his hysterical anti-gun rhetoric. The troll relized that gunowners are not stupid hicks and can debate him better than he thought. BTW, two other posters have told me that they did not think that this guy was actually ever a marine. I won't mention their names, but they are both active duty.

I will say again, if the cops get to you in 17 minutes, that is the equivalent of three rounds of UFC fighting. And you can't have Herb Dean stop the fight, nor do you get the two one minute rest periods durring that time. Can you survive that type of beating? Possabily from multiple atackers? Unarmed?

I answer that question by carrying a gun.

Why do I have to demonstrate in writing that there have been threats on my life in MD. Read the newspaper...

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

I will say again, if the cops get to you in 17 minutes, that is the equivalent of three rounds of UFC fighting. And you can't have Herb Dean stop the fight, nor do you get the two one minute rest periods durring that time. Can you survive that type of beating? Possabily from multiple atackers? Unarmed?

I answer that question by carrying a gun.
    The police have no duty to protect you either.

The Truth, It Just came Out: Do Police Have a Duty to Protect You?

Quote Originally Posted by JOgershok View Post
    The police have no duty to protect you either.

The Truth, It Just came Out: Do Police Have a Duty to Protect You?
    That is another good point. You won't get any argument from me on that one.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by hjc4604 View Post
    You can bring your gun to Maryland, just stop in Virginia, lock your unloaded gun in the trunk with the ammo locked in your glove compartment, and drive straight to your father's house without stopping anywhere. Then you can do the same thing when you want to go to the range. Straight there and straight back. Maryland issues Carry Permits to over 90% of applicants. The part left out is that many people would apply but won't becausee it's a waste of time and money. And the permit is restricted to the times that you're actually doing what you stated you needed it for in your application. i.e.: If you're security, only at work/on duty. If your a businessman, only when carrying large sums of cash (We wouldn't want that poor money getting assaulted, it's valuable to the state, people aren't).
    Why does she or I have to jump through those hoops. Take a close look at the application. I have to prove I have been threatened as a former corrections official to get the permit as a former prison worker. I have no access since I retired to the numerous misconduct reports I have written as inmates threatened me. I have a CCW in Pennsylvania issued by the sheriff of my county and jumped through his hoops. We need a national CCW. MD is infringing on my and your right to BEAR ARMS.

In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes. They also enumerated several longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession that it found were consistent with the Second Amendment. - Google Scholar

This is a direct quote from that case:"Respondent's amici report similar results in comparing the District's homicide rates during that period to that of the neighboring States of Maryland and Virginia (neither of which restricts handguns to the same degree), and to the homicide rate of the Nation as a whole. See Academics' Brief 11-17; Criminologists' Brief 6a, 8a."

In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits State and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast