Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Further Reading

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. SpringerLink - Journal of Quantitative Criminology, Volume 16, Number 1

The Second Amentment Foundation has filed a suit in Federal District Court challenging MD's "good and substantial cause" policy used by the Maryland State Police in denying most permit requests.

Google Woolard vs Sheridan to get more info

4. things you guys are forgetting

I am from maryland born and bred.

You guys that are PRO carry are forgetting ONE HUGE thing about Marylanders.
    MOST Marylanders are pretty much blind liberals.

Blind liberals do not think for themselves. They do/think whatever the liberal media / Oprah / Keith Olberman and ESPECIALLY AL Gore them to do/think. (ask them about global warming if you want to laugh your butt off for a while)

IF they used their brains they would actually READ the constitution and the discussion would be over. But they haven't and won't read it. The Constitution is like kryptonite to a liberal.

If they had brains they would understand that creating all these anti gun laws only hurts (wait for it.........waaaait for it) only hurts THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW RULES!!!!!! The last time I checked.... MURDERERS, RAPISTS, MUGGERS or (insert violent crime here) DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!!!!!!
    What mugger or murderer says I would go murder someone today but I can't since I am not allowed to have a permit to carry. really? do people REALLY believe this happens?

If they used their brains they would REALIZE that DC is NOT the safest city in the world. It would seem that if the system WORKED that DC would be the safest city in the world. It isn't by a longshot. If you can't own a gun in dc.... how are people still getting shot? Ok ok ok, the guns must be coming in from va and pa right? Well we should eliminate guns throughout the whole country then no one will be able to get them. THEN we'll be safe. I mean....Drugs are illegal throughout the land and of course no one has any drugs, right????? How can they? They are illegal......right?

There is a theme here. The only people that get hurt by these laws are rule followers. And WHY on EARTH is anyone afraid of getting shot by rule followers? You say your not afraid of getting shot by law abiding, rule followers eh? Then why can't we, the rule followers, carry guns? The criminals STILL CARRY EVERY DAY. How nice for them.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    And the down side to that is if you get caught you'll probably never carry legally in any state again.

(I'm looking forward to leaving Maryland in the next few yeas too!)

Rick
    The thing is folks, we HAVE a RIGHT to Keep AND Bear Arms...the Government is reminded of that in the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. So tell me, is it really a RIGHT when someone else can tell you when, how and IF you can exercise it?
    You either HAVE the right or you don't. Clearly we do. I will NOT ask permission to exercise mine.

I've just read this entire thread... particular attention to Supertrooper who is a Superwrong Statist if ever there was one. I was a Marylander. Retired Navy and a cop to boot. The MD 'permit' is an LCH (License to Carry a Handgun), not CCW or LTCF. It does not restrict the bearer to concealed carry only. The permit is to carry a handgun.... in any manner. This permit system was instituted via gubanatorial edict in 1972 by Gov Marvin Mandel (D). There was no permit required to carry a handgun prior to 1972 openly. Since the Superintendent of the MSP is appointed by the Gov... it was simple matter for him to direct the MSP to insert a 'show cause' caveat into the concealed permit system and include any mode of carry. Mandel did this in response to the riots of '68. RKBA was omitted in the MD Bill of Rights during ther Constitutional Convention of 1867 for racial reasons. The MDGA did not want former slaves owning guns. This was in advance of the adoption of 14th Amendment (which MD voted against). Mandel recently admitted in an interview that he continued to carry a handgun in his pocket minus the very permit that he himself had instituted. This kind'a politician should surprise nobody in MD.

Now... in Arizona, I carry whatever I want... pretty much wherever I want at anytime. It's like putting on your pants. 'Been the norm here for over 100 years with a few temporary exceptions here 'n there. I'll never return to MD... not even to visit. 'Whole 'nuther mindset goin' on there.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoraRebel View Post
    I've just read this entire thread... particular attention to Supertrooper who is a Superwrong Statist if ever there was one.
    Hey thanks for reading this thread. I consider this thread to be one of the most serious discusions I have had on this site, I am known for making wisecracks. I gave Superwrong the logical beating that he just couldn't take so he tapped out and left. If he wants to chime in again, I will be glad to debate him some more. And you can be sure I will pick apart everything he has to say, just like I did previously.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Milktoast View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for the criminally pre-disposed to realize that the safest place to apply their trade is the "almost non-issue" states such as Maryland and New Jersey? I feel like we are being corralled into a “soft underbelly” for criminals. Are there any statistics gurus out there who might uncover such a trend? Do certain types of crimes decrease in states where CCW permits are more likely to be issued? Do they increase in states where they are not?
    Trust me the crime rate in MD is higher than reported, and criminals flock here to try their luck. The police force is gigantic, and all corrupt. They want your money, not your safety. They want your compliance, not your protest. Have fun trying to have a normal convo regarding firearms with any cop here. You will be made to feel like a criminal, you will not win the argument. You may be like me and get a bogus ticket to go along with your "disrespectful attitude" for stating your opinion.

Fortunately for them the citizens of MD are too passive to take the "shall not be infringed" part as seriously as it should be taken. They will also lock you up and find you guilty of pretty much anything, for pretty much any reason. Id just stay far away folks. If you value your record, and your permits. VA is right next door afterall. It also happens to be awesome for the most part.

9. When I got arrested in Baltimore Co., they said that that the NICS said I had applied for a MD LTC when I haven't done so, let alone pay the $70 and submit a fingerprint card.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Trust me the crime rate in MD is higher than reported, and criminals flock here to try their luck. The police force is gigantic, and all corrupt. They want your money, not your safety. They want your compliance, not your protest. Have fun trying to have a normal convo regarding firearms with any cop here. You will be made to feel like a criminal, you will not win the argument. You may be like me and get a bogus ticket to go along with your "disrespectful attitude" for stating your opinion.

Fortunately for them the citizens of MD are too passive to take the "shall not be infringed" part as seriously as it should be taken. They will also lock you up and find you guilty of pretty much anything, for pretty much any reason. Id just stay far away folks. If you value your record, and your permits. VA is right next door afterall. It also happens to be awesome for the most part.

What you posted is sad, but true.

I grew up in Maryland and even if you have a friendly discussion with a friend in a restaurant about firearms, people around you will look at you as thought you are a terrorists.

Any discussion of firearms in public will get you nasty looks and vicious comments.

Talking with the police about guns is even worse and will most likely result in the search of your vehicle (yes, it happened to me).

Now, in the western part of the state and on the eastern shore its entirely different and more gun friendly.

I haven't regretted moving out of Maryland for one second.
    And I dont miss it at all.

However, I do miss the Chesapeake Bay from time to time.

But having the basic human right of self defense is far more important to me.

I can open carry with no permit and all the police do wen they see me is say "hi".

im new here, just checking to see if anyone knows of any upcoming legislation that may finally fix maryland cc issue

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast