Maryland Concealed Carry Permit - Page 7
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Maryland Concealed Carry legislation

There is currently no legislation in the Maryland legislature. That will start in January, usually anti 2nd amendment BS. There is however, a lawsuit, Woolard v Sheridan, making it's way to the Supreme Court (SCOTUS), challenging Maryland's "May Issue" policy. It is being supported by the Second Amendment Foundation. Another weaker case, Williams v Maryland (I think), which was turned away.

Meredith Emerson was trained and managed to disarm her attacker twice. "She almost beat me" he said. He nabbed her 1/1/2008 hiking with her dog in a Georgia State Park. Instead he drove her around for 3 days raping her and trying to use her ATM card. One account says he waved to a passing cop shortly before he tied her to a tree, caved her skull in and dumped her nude headless body in the woods. He was caught when an alert citizen called police saying that "the guy you've been looking for in the disappearance of that girl is across the street cleaning out a van like the one you've been looking for." Caught red handed with the DNA, he confessed in return for no death penalty. His name is Gary Hilton. Thank goodness she wasn't carrying a gun or there would have been blood in the streets. The police did such a great job of protecting her. She shouldn't be going to dangerous places like the state park. I guess you've never heard of disparity of force. Doesn't matter if they're not armed. If you are a trooper, I'm the President of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Milktoast View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for the criminally pre-disposed to realize that the safest place to apply their trade is the "almost non-issue" states such as Maryland and New Jersey? I feel like we are being corralled into a “soft underbelly” for criminals. Are there any statistics gurus out there who might uncover such a trend? Do certain types of crimes decrease in states where CCW permits are more likely to be issued? Do they increase in states where they are not?
    I finally escaped safely to VA & now have a resident permit. Unfortunately I have to still travel to MD on a regular basis. The state politically is controlled by 3 jurisdictions, PG & Montgomery counties, & Baltimore city. These three places are the land of the screaming liberal that feel that the government should control their lives & that the government owes them something. Along with that Montgomery County has a majority Hispanic population that for the most part is made up of illegal immigrants (go figure, Maryland is a sanctuary state!). It is going to be a long time before anything in Maryland changes for the better.

5. You may be too stupid to carry a concealed weapon. You would not know.

There are too many stupid people that own guns. I have never owned a gun, but I would wager all my life savings that I could read an owners guide, and clean a weapon, with zero percent chance of shooting myself. How does that happen? Stupidity. We don't want stupid people roaming around with concealed weapons. Give me a smart crook any time.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckia View Post
    There are too many stupid people that own guns. I have never owned a gun, but I would wager all my life savings that I could read an owners guide, and clean a weapon, with zero percent chance of shooting myself. How does that happen? Stupidity. We don't want stupid people roaming around with concealed weapons. Give me a smart crook any time.
    Wow, thank you for that bit of wisdom. You sound really intelligent and well-informed. I'll bet you have like what, $100 in life savings?

Smart Criminals

It is not your ability to NOT shoot yourself that determines if you should carry a concealed weapon. Next you will want to argue that "smart criminals" will not hurt you. That is just another form of criminal thinking that rationalizes their behavior. You forget there are other factors involved such as coldheartedness, entitlement, irresponsibility, power and control, as well as justification that influence criminal thinking.

It is the responsibility of the gun owner to use desecration in the use of force that the criminal will not use. While there is no studies correlating IQ and criminality, sociopaths are good at finding others weaknesses and then exploiting them.

"Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

The criminally disposed already understand this. The disparity between crime in MD and VA is clear when you look at the FBI's Uniform Crime Report(FBI — Table 4)

Table 4
    Crime in the United States

by Region, Geographic Division, and State, 2009–2010:
    .............#per 100,000
    Jurisdiction 2009 2010 %change
    US...........431.9 403.6 -6.5
    DC..........1,348.9 1,330.2 -1.4
    MD............590.0 547.7 -7.2
    VA............230.8 213.6 -7.5

9. Quote Originally Posted by VA Pete View Post
    Wow, thank you for that bit of wisdom. You sound really intelligent and well-informed. I'll bet you have like what, $100 in life savings?
    Nope - much more than that, pistol Pete. But the serious issue is that we can regard people carrying concealed weapons as criminals, except in special cases.

There are as many fantasies as there are people, and in reality, it's just a fantasy that your handgun will protect you. It may actually, unless you're the kind of dope that shoots himself while cleaning a gun. Or it may occasionally kill some child that gets a hold of it.

So go ahead and have your fantasy. What do you think are the realistic odds that you will be able to use your gun to save yourself or someone else when you really need it? Think about that as you get older, if you do.

Nope - much more than that, pistol Pete. But the serious issue is that we can regard people carrying concealed weapons as criminals, except in special cases.

There are as many fantasies as there are people, and in reality, it's just a fantasy that your handgun will protect you. It may actually, unless you're the kind of dope that shoots himself while cleaning a gun. Or it may occasionally kill some child that gets a hold of it.

So go ahead and have your fantasy. What do you think are the realistic odds that you will be able to use your gun to save yourself or someone else when you really need it? Think about that as you get older, if you do.
    When I consider how many people are hurt or killed annually by citizen gun owners vs how many people are hurt or killed annually by criminals, and how many times every year citizen gun owners protect themselves from said criminals.... I'll take my fantasy over yours any time. Good luck with that.

I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into at 3am in Baltimore city.
    And guess what, it took the eastern district almost four minutes to respond.
    If I wasnt armed that night, I may be dead from that intruder.
    When the police arrested the man, it turned out they were looking for the individual wanted in numerous home invasions and peeping-tom cases.

In your world, you would have rather me be unarmed.
    Get a clue.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast