Approved Safety Course - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Approved Safety Course

I am an instructor trying to get certified by the Mass. State Police. They will not accept any NRA training course that is not taught by one of their approved instructors.

So, basically You need to make phone calls to see who in MA. is teaching NRA classes whether it's in state or not, just as long as the instructor is MA. certifeid, correct?
    ...also adding that it is $100. for one year to be certified, same as a non-resident applying for a LTC (A)?
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Correct. To be certified by the police, you need to have a LTC and pay a 50 dollar fee to be approved.

It is 100 per year for a non-resident permit, plus 50 for being certified for being an instructor. I do not believe the 50 dollar instructor fee is a yearly fee though. It appears to be a one time fee as far as I can tell.

I've asked a couple months ago and haven't gotten any response. Now seems like a good time to ask again...

Does anyone know of any MA certified instructors located in eastern or central PA?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

If you contact the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780 or the Mass State Police at 508-820-2300, they can tell you. The lady at the Mass State Police went through the entire list with me for NY instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I've asked a couple months ago and haven't gotten any response. Now seems like a good time to ask again...

Does anyone know of any MA certified instructors located in eastern or central PA?

If you get a list...be sure to share it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    If you contact the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780 or the Mass State Police at 508-820-2300, they can tell you. The lady at the Mass State Police went through the entire list with me for NY instructors.
    I'm guessing then that it is not posted anywhere online, otherwise she would have just pointed you in that direction, right?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

To answer the original question: The State police pretty much take a copy of the instructors NRA completed course, charge the instructor fifty bucks, and issue a STATE certificate. It's all about extracting the fifty bucks from the instructor.

Most of my students are informed about this from somewhere. Probably the application they fill out from their local police.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12