Massachusetts CCW issues by town - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts CCW issues by town

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Never a problem in Bourne! The fact that Falmouth's Police Chief was so Anti actually kept me from buying a house there back in 2000. Glad I stayed in Bourne and bought here. Happy to be Bourne in The USA!!!!

Surfcc
    Can he do that?

Does anybody have any experience with the town of Berkley??? I had no problem in Fall River a few years ago.

Berkley is listed as green on this map

Green generally issues ALP without problems

Berkley denials / experience

I see that Berkley is green on the map....I was hoping to hear of any personal experience. I read in the Boston Globe a while ago that Berkley had the second most denials in the state at 9%. Revere was first.

Quote Originally Posted by peace77 View Post
    I see that Berkley is green on the map....I was hoping to hear of any personal experience. I read in the Boston Globe a while ago that Berkley had the second most denials in the state at 9%. Revere was first.
    A denial is totally different from issuing policy

You are only denied if you have a statutory disqualifier
    Eg.. Restraining orders against you, committed to a mental health facility, DUI/OUI, felony criminal records , etc...

Denials

Wouldn't it also be classified as a denial if a person applied for a LTC and was issued an FID instead???

Danvers... Red/Black

Will not issue a Class A to anyone under 25. Will not even let you apply for it. Trust me, been through it
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Crazy stuff huh? I can't verify this because I forget where I heard it, BUT, I heard the whole gig was going to be taken over by the state at some point, and there would be no more messing around by these hard case cops put in charge by the chiefs. You either qualify for a CC or you don't.

Scituate used to be a nice town where everyone knew everyone and got along for the most part. When the liberals started spilling in from CohASSet and Hingham things got tough. I heard the gun club just got shut down because of ornery neighbors. Good luck down there.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Northampton: LTC/ALP, usually Class A

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Crazy stuff huh? I can't verify this because I forget where I heard it, BUT, I heard the whole gig was going to be taken over by the state at some point, and there would be no more messing around by these hard case cops put in charge by the chiefs. You either qualify for a CC or you don't.

Scituate used to be a nice town where everyone knew everyone and got along for the most part. When the liberals started spilling in from CohASSet and Hingham things got tough. I heard the gun club just got shut down because of ornery neighbors. Good luck down there.
    I too have heard similar things. I know GOAL is trying to change the way things are here in PRMA by re-writing the laws pertaining to firearms completely. They are also looking to do away with the different classes and just have a FID card. This will allow anyone over 21 to carry and card holders under 21 to own rifles/shotguns.

Check out the site:

Mass Gun Law Reform
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast