Massachusetts CCW issues by town - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts CCW issues by town

Topsfield gave me a class A no restrictions

3. I live in Dighton MA and when I got my first LTC I had one arrest but no conviction. the police took one and a half years after I gave them the application and the money to say yes, here you go. here is your new LTC. is this not against the law to take so long to let me know yes or no? and this was an initial issue

Mary and others in Mashpee were great to do business with. And I had a in-depth research performed due to special circumstances took a wile longer but all in all very pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by jsm2k1 View Post
    I guess that summarizes things easily! Where did you come across that map?
    Here is a more up to date map. There are many green towns not showing on that one.

All credit to eric_07 at northeast shooters for maintaining it.

http://keiiken.net/images/macitytowngun.png

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Can he do that?
    Yup! MA passed a crap gun control laws (91' I think) which gave police Chiefs discretionary power over who got a permit. It was SUPPOSED to be used when they had reason to believe someone who was good on paper still shouldn't have guns....good in theory. What it turned into was every police Cheif playing god with permits. Although MA is may issue, many towns are SHALL issue by practice. Some will give you a permit if you prove a "need" and the rest give restricted target and hunting permits. The problem is the MA gun owners never step up and actually fight. There have been MANY things in the works as far a OC events (legal in MA, although you'll never see it). Gun functions or simple getting together to protest and fight for rights to be restored. 90% of people don't out of laziness or fear of loosing their permit. MA's system of scaring people into shutting up and taking it works perfectly! The MA gun rights org (GOAL) also doesn't do much. When ever people try to gun a pro gun event going, they never back it. There just as bad.

Like the map shows, I got an unrestricted LTC-A in Wellesley, MA. I'm 22 years old.

The cop was very cool about the whole procedure, much more relaxed process than I was expecting.

I'll let you guys know how I make out, I just put in an application in Ashland. Process with the APD was good, and the officer very friendly and polite. He said the process should take 6-8 weeks and they would call me to pick it up which takes me to second week of April.

Holden MA here. When you take the course here, which will not be offered anymore by them after June, they tell anyone looking for a "pistol Permit" to get the class A. Follow the MA rules and here it is easy , no restrictions.

about 12 weeks from when I dropped off paper work till I received my class A large capacity no restriction in Hingham

it is NOT against the law... they can take as long as they see fit.... you may inquire after a certain amount of time has passed(not sure exactly what amount that time is)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Andrade View Post
    I live in Dighton MA and when I got my first LTC I had one arrest but no conviction. the police took one and a half years after I gave them the application and the money to say yes, here you go. here is your new LTC. is this not against the law to take so long to let me know yes or no? and this was an initial issue

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast