Mass. non resident application - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass. non resident application

Just to keep you all updated on this..I have to take a course given by an instructor recognized by the Commonwealth of Mass. Just the every day living has gotten in the way.They were nice enough to send me a list of intstructors on the Cape as I asked or or I will take the course at Smith and Wesson. I sure hope I can do this soon! They are holding my application until I send in documentation that I have taken the requisite course.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    I FINALLY got a Maryland Handgun permit and am going to apply for a non-resident LTC. Unfortunately there are NO MA certified instructors around here that I know of.

Have you had luck with the MA class yet? If not see if Sig Sauer academy here in VA can do it. There's one in NH which IS Mass certified, I keep meaning to check to see if that would work here too.May or may not apply to the whole school.

Well, it was Very close to 2 months and I finally got a call from Firearms Bureau in Chelsea. I was told I now need an appnt. to come in, which I replied, "sure"! The earliest is Oct 5th.! So, after waiting the usual 2 months, I now have to wait another for my appnt. Mind you, this is for a Non-Res. AND also a renewal.
    Capo, I'm back to work here in Woburn! So, now that I'm commuting from NH I definately need my permit back asap!
    I'm just posting to you all my experience so far since June. I think, whether you're a resident or non and it's a Renewal, there should not be any waiting period at all. They already have your info., AND can also do a quick check on you if anything has changed since. 3 months for a renewal is a joke, but I'll still pay the $100 for a year...lol!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Well, it was Very close to 2 months and I finally got a call from Firearms Bureau in Chelsea. I was told I now need an appnt. to come in, which I replied, "sure"! The earliest is Oct 5th.! So, after waiting the usual 2 months, I now have to wait another for my appnt. Mind you, this is for a Non-Res. AND also a renewal.
    Capo, I'm back to work here in Woburn! So, now that I'm commuting from NH I definately need my permit back asap!
    I'm just posting to you all my experience so far since June. I think, whether you're a resident or non and it's a Renewal, there should not be any waiting period at all. They already have your info., AND can also do a quick check on you if anything has changed since. 3 months for a renewal is a joke, but I'll still pay the $100 for a year...lol!!!
    Congrats on being back in PRMA! Much easier for me to get a Non-res in NH I am going to be sending in my application soon hopefully for it. I agree, the waiting periods on a renewal is BS! They can easily do the back ground check and everything right then and there. They have your prints, etc. Welcome to PRMA!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Yea, Not firearms friendly here at all.
    Need to throw that A hole Martha out of the AG's office on her bonny a$$. She can use Devil Patrick as a landing pad. Both of them need to be removed from the political scene. FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Ok, here is My update on the interview this morning. Go up stairs and wash your hands first before fingerprinting. Fingerprints first, each finger on each hand, scanner...no ink. Stand for a moment and you pic is taken. Sit down and the interviewer basically asks you everything that was asked on the application. Done. The entire ordeal in the office took 20 minutes.
    Now, in MY case since I did not renew at the time back in June, I am treated as if I'm starting all over again which means I have to now wait a month before I get it in the mail. IF I had renewed back in June, I would have waited only 2 weeks to receive in the mail.
    So, a Non-Res renews their permit, wait at least 2 months, get an appnt for an interview which is about a month later, have your interview and wait 2 weeks for it in the mail. The date starts when it goes in the mail. I was also told to mark my calender 4 months before expired date when renewing (for Non-Res.).
    Also.......Non-Res, there is NO GRACE PERIOD! IF someone tells you there is, they are incorrect. I got this straight from the Man!
    This MA. ordeal took 3 hrs up of my morning. 2 for traveling and 35 minutes waiting (I got there early). Was it worth $100.?? It sure as hell worth My life.......
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Wish I'd seen this sooner I could have helped you out. But there seems to be a LOT of threads with the same title. I gave my brother in law the test last year and he's from NH. This year, he was on time, and it took 4 months to renew. I LIVE here and it's taken 4 months! The 90 day grace period is a bunch of useless BS anyway. It means nothing. Welcome to assachusetts.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Wish I'd seen this sooner I could have helped you out. But there seems to be a LOT of threads with the same title. I gave my brother in law the test last year and he's from NH. This year, he was on time, and it took 4 months to renew. I LIVE here and it's taken 4 months! The 90 day grace period is a bunch of useless BS anyway. It means nothing. Welcome to assachusetts.
    4 Months? And that is considered on time? What do they consider late? A year?!?

If you were refering to me, I don't know what you mean by you would have helped me out?
    I've already renewed in the past and it takes 2 months, by mail.....boom you're done. I was just updating on how I made out with their new system. 2 months, interview another month and now another month for mine to come in the mail. The only problem was I didn't renew mine at the time of experation which is why it is taking another month after My interview. If I misunderstood your statement at first, my apologies.
    Didn't know if we were both on the same page here...lol........
    Still sucks though, because I've been leaving the house here in NH without a firearm to come to work here in MA.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    If you were refering to me, I don't know what you mean by you would have helped me out?
    I've already renewed in the past and it takes 2 months, by mail.....boom you're done. I was just updating on how I made out with their new system. 2 months, interview another month and now another month for mine to come in the mail. The only problem was I didn't renew mine at the time of experation which is why it is taking another month after My interview. If I misunderstood your statement at first, my apologies.
    Didn't know if we were both on the same page here...lol........
    Still sucks though, because I've been leaving the house here in NH without a firearm to come to work here in MA.
    No. Thought I'd replied to abacab, I screwed up. Sorry.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast