Mass. non resident application - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass. non resident application

Funny thing. The firearms dept is supposed to be open today from noon til 8 pm, yet on my way to a job today about 9:00 am I saw the guy on a detail at a construction sight. Figured he'd probably work til noon and go do his gun duties at the station but about 2:00 on my way home he was still at it.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Funny thing. The firearms dept is supposed to be open today from noon til 8 pm, yet on my way to a job today about 9:00 am I saw the guy on a detail at a construction sight. Figured he'd probably work til noon and go do his gun duties at the station but about 2:00 on my way home he was still at it.
    its all about money money money....don't they make more money on details? Don't know much about how LEOs get paid.

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Ok, here is My update on the interview this morning. Go up stairs and wash your hands first before fingerprinting. Fingerprints first, each finger on each hand, scanner...no ink. Stand for a moment and you pic is taken. Sit down and the interviewer basically asks you everything that was asked on the application. Done. The entire ordeal in the office took 20 minutes.
    Now, in MY case since I did not renew at the time back in June, I am treated as if I'm starting all over again which means I have to now wait a month before I get it in the mail. IF I had renewed back in June, I would have waited only 2 weeks to receive in the mail.
    So, a Non-Res renews their permit, wait at least 2 months, get an appnt for an interview which is about a month later, have your interview and wait 2 weeks for it in the mail. The date starts when it goes in the mail. I was also told to mark my calender 4 months before expired date when renewing (for Non-Res.).
    Also.......Non-Res, there is NO GRACE PERIOD! IF someone tells you there is, they are incorrect. I got this straight from the Man!
    This MA. ordeal took 3 hrs up of my morning. 2 for traveling and 35 minutes waiting (I got there early). Was it worth $100.?? It sure as hell worth My life.......
    Well, I got home yesterday and low and behold.........it finally came in the mail. Only 3 weeks but worth the wait. A letter was also attached stating to apply 3 months before expiration date (Non-Res.) so everything can be proccessed in a timely manner.
    Now I am back to carrying when I leave my house to go to work cross state!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

.......Also adding:
    Yes, I did get the plastic card type. It says on it:
    Non-Res. Class A Large Capacity Temporary License To Carry Firearms
    Restrictions: None

Just thought I would share this with anyone that was interested or didn't know how the proccess was with Non-Res using the new MA application system. I've done this already with MA in the past but not with the "new" type system.
    Good luck!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    .......Also adding:
    Yes, I did get the plastic card type. It says on it:
    Non-Res. Class A Large Capacity Temporary License To Carry Firearms
    Restrictions: None

Just thought I would share this with anyone that was interested or didn't know how the proccess was with Non-Res using the new MA application system. I've done this already with MA in the past but not with the "new" type system.
    Good luck!
    Sambo,

So what did you use as a reason for applying for a MA TLTC? How did you fanagle a Class A? I should be applying in a few months, so I want to make sure I dont screw up when they ask questions and say "personal protection" or somesuch if they don't issue it for that reason.

I hope they dont give me a hassle, since I already have 7 permits.....

-Rachkir
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

Just got my "restricted" MA non-resident permit. I was told to apply for the renewal about "4 months prior to expiration" because they were a little behind. Really!

Also, you have to go to Chelsea for an interview, fingerprinting and photo. Then you wait, and wait, and wait. The license/permit comes in the mail to you (remember sending them a self-addressed stamped envelop? That's what its for).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123