90 day grace period - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 90 day grace period

Groan. Just typed this all and it didn't take in the "edit" mode. Anyway. Here's the skinny. I just called the Commonwealth Of Massachusetts Executive Board Of Public Safety And Security Criminal History Systems Board. Think of all the taxes they'd save with new name.

617 660 4782 is the direct number to the gun division they said to give out, and that the law is posted on their website. Makayla <-- sp answered and I told her that I'd submitted my hundred bucks and paper work in June, and my B day is early July. I asked if I could still carry concealed and can I buy a new gun? She said the law is a little vague as it DOESN'T say that you can't. She said I can carry but it's pretty much left to the gun store's discretion as to will they make a sale. But they can if they want.

so I called a gun store. The owner said... you can carry if you want. If you get stopped by a cop, he finds your gun, and sees an expired permit, he will lock you up. You can clear it up after the fact, but you'll still get locked up and the arrest will stay on your record.

As far as buying a gun, he said no gun store is going to sell you a gun in the state if you present them with an expired permit. And I don't blame them actually. How do they know you had your paper work in early or at all?

So... pretty much, the 90 day grace period is just a bunch of liberal BULLSHIRT to pacify us. I HATE this damn state!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

OldOwl, as I said buy before it expired. You have a grace period to own. You can always as you say, buy ammo outside MA. I would think if you really need another gun you can buy a long gun outside MA in the right state and do the MA paperwork. I would say you are stuck if you needed a handgun.

I looked up the NH law. I'd still need a VALID MA permit to buy a rifle or shotgun and bring it here. I'm sure I won't die without my new AR. Hey, it's not even bow season yet, and I can always take my Weatherby off consignment if Maine deer season opens before I get renewed and use that to hunt, or my 12 Ga.. It still brushes my fur backwards, there's NO reason to take so damn long. The gun shops check you out with the FBI in minutes when buying a gun. Nothing has changed since last time, I haven't even spit on the sidewalk. No reason not to renew my license.

Maybe if they had to give everyone back a dollar a day for every day they take over 14 days things would speed right up. At very least, our idiot governor should have required the officer in charge to hand you a receipt when you turn in your money and renewal app.. Then gun shops and cops would know you are being processed. A little damn common sense goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I looked up the NH law. I'd still need a VALID MA permit to buy a rifle or shotgun and bring it here. I'm sure I won't die without my new AR. Hey, it's not even bow season yet, and I can always take my Weatherby off consignment if Maine deer season opens before I get renewed and use that to hunt, or my 12 Ga.. It still brushes my fur backwards, there's NO reason to take so damn long. The gun shops check you out with the FBI in minutes when buying a gun. Nothing has changed since last time, I haven't even spit on the sidewalk. No reason not to renew my license.

Maybe if they had to give everyone back a dollar a day for every day they take over 14 days things would speed right up. At very least, our idiot governor should have required the officer in charge to hand you a receipt when you turn in your money and renewal app.. Then gun shops and cops would know you are being processed. A little damn common sense goes a long way.
    Still no word at all? When did you go for your renewal app? Seems to be taking way longer than it should seeing as how you are only renewing and already had the strict checks done in the past
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

It was toward the mid/end of June. The state just renewed my safety instructor cert in Jan. and that took no time at all. Has to be 60 days at least so far. Guess I should go in and ask, but then they bite your head off.

It was toward the mid/end of June. The state just renewed my safety instructor cert in Jan. and that took no time at all. Has to be 60 days at least so far. Guess I should go in and ask, but then they bite your head off.
    yeah thats what they do. They make you wait forever and when you ask, they make you wait longer and get mad. Bad bad bad bad....BAD SYSTEM

I called the state yesterday and they said it's the town who'd be dragging their feet.

I just looked in the mail. AMAZING! Actually got confirmation that my daughter is registered to vote in local, state, and national elections in a matter of FIVE DAYS! Still, no renewal notice in the mail.

I called the state yesterday and they said it's the town who'd be dragging their feet.

I just looked in the mail. AMAZING! Actually got confirmation that my daughter is registered to vote in local, state, and national elections in a matter of FIVE DAYS! Still, no renewal notice in the mail.
    Are you going to call your town? Thats crazy they dragging their feet like this. Hopefully she votes on our side in the elections :)

I won't call the town. I'll go in there in person. Like my good friend who used to be in sales says, "The hardest thing to get rid of is a body." They can hang up or ignore your calls but once you're in their face...

I just looked at the calendar and although I turned my stuff in early, they might not start the process until my birthday, so from then, it's been a few days over 7 weeks.

Although two attempts to register there failed because they don't accept the password they give me, I was doing some reading on the NEShooters forum and there were some saying it took 9 weeks. Some said 5 weeks. The majority was nine. So, although I can't buy my new AR, I can still carry. I'm certainly not going to risk my life going into work in Dorchester and Lynn where all the gangbangers and drug dealers carry without being able to defend myself. So if I get arrested, I'll spend my last dime to sue anyone and everyone who was involved with this stupid legislation and late renewal and made me a criminal.

I'll wait the two more weeks before I go in and shake the trees. I'll never buy another hunting license, fishing license, gun, bullet or anything to do with the shooting sports here again. I'll hunt my 45 acres in Maine and do all my purchases in NH.

I won't call the town. I'll go in there in person. Like my good friend who used to be in sales says, "The hardest thing to get rid of is a body." They can hang up or ignore your calls but once you're in their face...

I just looked at the calendar and although I turned my stuff in early, they might not start the process until my birthday, so from then, it's been a few days over 7 weeks.

Although two attempts to register there failed because they don't accept the password they give me, I was doing some reading on the NEShooters forum and there were some saying it took 9 weeks. Some said 5 weeks. The majority was nine. So, although I can't buy my new AR, I can still carry. I'm certainly not going to risk my life going into work in Dorchester and Lynn where all the gangbangers and drug dealers carry without being able to defend myself. So if I get arrested, I'll spend my last dime to sue anyone and everyone who was involved with this stupid legislation and late renewal and made me a criminal.

I'll wait the two more weeks before I go in and shake the trees. I'll never buy another hunting license, fishing license, gun, bullet or anything to do with the shooting sports here again. I'll hunt my 45 acres in Maine and do all my purchases in NH.
    hey i agree with you! Why contribute your hard earned money to this system? Hopefully you get it soon so your not a "criminal". That makes me mad that in your situation they could classify you as one. Crazy state we live in huh?

-Capo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast