90 day grace period - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 90 day grace period

This state gives you the run around so you don't wanna go through the process. They let people in towns abuse their power and push people around simply because...they can! This is my second season hunting in MA, I am mainly a NH hunter. Will also be doing my first year in maine hopefully this year. I feel like this is the only state where if your an outdoors man, your looked down upon and have to jump through millions of hoops just to do something you love. One reason I don't wanna hunt here again, someone stole 2 of my buddies stands. Hopefully the trail cam in that area isn't smashed or stolen. Gotta love the abuse we take in PRMA. I know theft can't happen anywhere, I'm just pointing out my frustration.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Well, one of the guys I hunt MA with fell24 ft. out of his stand last week and broke his leg in 3 places. I don't suspect he will be using it if you need one. I'll be setting mine around 15 this year.

People here are wacked. A few years ago some loser tore down all the signs and arrows on the roads directing people to the "gun show." After that they were changed to "Sportsman's show," and nobody bothered them.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Well, one of the guys I hunt MA with fell24 ft. out of his stand last week and broke his leg in 3 places. I don't suspect he will be using it if you need one. I'll be setting mine around 15 this year.

People here are wacked. A few years ago some loser tore down all the signs and arrows on the roads directing people to the "gun show." After that they were changed to "Sportsman's show," and nobody bothered them.
    That doesn't surprise me one bit. People think they are doing a "good" thing when they do stuff like that, when in reality, they aint. I have had people go out of their way to ruin a hunters day. I get yelled at all the time "murder", "baby killer", "savage"..."what type of person does it take to kill an animal". This year, I am calling the EPOs for hunter harrasment on people this year. I ain't playing around...

My brother told me the other day, that in the town of Hingham, some people were having a church service on the beach. Out in the harbor were the usual water fowl hunters banging away on Jagged and Elizabeth Islands. The police were called and the hunters were in a designated hunting area far off shore. Suddenly, there is a town ordnance and now there's no more hunting there, after hundreds of years. The rich people moved in the quaint little town and forced out the commercial fisherman, lobster boats, clam diggers, and now the hunters. All the things that made Hingham harbor a desirable place to live. Pretty sad.

Got to the bottom of it all yesterday. Seems a town I don't live in raised a red flag on a court finding, which they said was never appealed to superior court, which it was, with a jury finding of not guilty. This was all confirmed 5 years ago and should never have become an issue. The officer in charge agreed that it was ridiculous and argued on my behalf, according to him, with the other town that the superior court ruling on my record was clearly the same case. But the other town supposedly couldn't find a docket number to confirm it. So I told the cop I had that exact document in my gun safe which I'd provided for him 5 years ago and he said he didn't need.

He said "Find it and bring it in" which I did withing 15 minutes he had it in his hand. You'd think maybe a phone call to me a month ago? So, he was a man about it and apologized and said he'd fast track it. Still, the court from that other town is full of it, because when I went in to get that info 5 years ago, their computer spit out a hard copy in minutes, which is what I still had in my safe.

None the less, this is incompetence at the highest level, and proves this state implemented laws which it can't abide by. The NRA should get on this stupid law as unconstitutional. Why should we have to pay money to be on a list just to have a gun in our home?

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Got to the bottom of it all yesterday. Seems a town I don't live in raised a red flag on a court finding, which they said was never appealed to superior court, which it was, with a jury finding of not guilty. This was all confirmed 5 years ago and should never have become an issue. The officer in charge agreed that it was ridiculous and argued on my behalf, according to him, with the other town that the superior court ruling on my record was clearly the same case. But the other town supposedly couldn't find a docket number to confirm it. So I told the cop I had that exact document in my gun safe which I'd provided for him 5 years ago and he said he didn't need.

He said "Find it and bring it in" which I did withing 15 minutes he had it in his hand. You'd think maybe a phone call to me a month ago? So, he was a man about it and apologized and said he'd fast track it. Still, the court from that other town is full of it, because when I went in to get that info 5 years ago, their computer spit out a hard copy in minutes, which is what I still had in my safe.

None the less, this is incompetence at the highest level, and proves this state implemented laws which it can't abide by. The NRA should get on this stupid law as unconstitutional. Why should we have to pay money to be on a list just to have a gun in our home?
    Sounds to me like just another example of PRMA doing whatever they can to deny the right of legal firearm owners. This should NEVER have delayed you, seeing as how you HAD to show proof of this when you got your license! Insane......you should contact the NRA and GOAL. Not that they will do anything, but its just another piece of information to help them out. I have had my fair share of BS with dealing with the state. Other States seem to be more "free" than us....in more ways than just one!

Do you know when you should receive it?

-Capo-

This all points back to a philosophy I have taken to heart, if you want something to get screwed up, let the government take care of it.

Capo, "When I should receive it" ? Ya, three months ago. No, he just said "I usually don't work on gun matters on Mondays but I'll get right on this."

As far as the NTA and GOAL, I sent GOAL part of the story back in the beginning, they had a place they were actually soliciting examples of my plight.

I have been riding the State Reps like rented mules over the issue with emails.

When I DO get it, I'm going to update my arsenal and ammo, and keep guns in three states, all legally too. But I won't buy anything here.

OldOwl, good job. Tough situation and sometimes you do not know how hard or deep to dig.

Boild down your summary when you go after more reps or follow up with GOAL.

Yesterday I spoke with a state rep in person. I asked him when they were going to fix this problem. He said "Not this year. It's an election year."

Hopefully, none of them will be around to consider it, and they will have time to ponder if addressing the issues might have saved their jobs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast