Screw assachusetts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screw assachusetts

Screw assachusetts

What About Buying Rifles and Shotguns Out of State?

Federal law allows persons to buy rifles and shotguns from a federally licensed dealer in another state, provided all requirements of the buyer’s and seller’s home state are met. Thus, a Massachusetts resident with a Card or License could lawfully purchase rifles and shotguns from gun stores in other states.

However, state law requires that you register that purchase within 7 days of your return to Massachusetts. You would use an FA-10 form, and check off the box on “registration.”

Copies of the FA-10’s are available at many police stations, and through the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780.

I'm thinking of buying all my guns and ammo in NH from now on. My own personal little boycott. When MA gets its act together, my thoughts might change. .
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Some states get really picky on registration thing. It looks like New York even makes you put the make, model and registration on the permit, assuming they approve you.
    I know it's all relative, but at least you're not in New Jersey. It sounds like Massachusetts issues some conceal carry permits from what I've seen here. I have yet to hear about/from a New Jersey permit holder!

4. Screw achusetts

to: Father of Three, in Mass. if you get a license to carry,(we are a "may issue state") you are required to carry concealed. Local police chiefs have the discretion to issue or not, their negative decisions can be challenged in court.

to: Old Owl if you are a gun owner in MA I would hope you are a member of GOAL. Gun Owners' Action League - GOAL.org - "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here"

Quote Originally Posted by gunner1154 View Post
    to: Father of Three, in Mass. if you get a license to carry,(we are a "may issue state") you are required to carry concealed. Local police chiefs have the discretion to issue or not, their negative decisions can be challenged in court.

to: Old Owl if you are a gun owner in MA I would hope you are a member of GOAL. Gun Owners' Action League - GOAL.org - "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here"
    +100 on GOAL. Great group

I think you can purchase outside of PRMA going through an FFL. You should be okay, I would ask a local gun shop about transfers.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do understand that Massachusetts is a "may issue" state with no open carry law. With that in mind, and from what I've read on this site, it sounds like people in general have a better chance at getting a carry permit in Massachusetts than New Jersey. I realize it's not the greatest scenario, compared to states with better laws like Texas and Florida.
    That's all!

Yessir. NRA member and entire family GOAL members. And I'm proud to say... my 18 year old daughter became a registered voter today.

8. MA resident out of state purchases.

1.You can purchase a long gun or handgun outside of MA through an FFL. If it is a long gun you as the purchaser are required to register it with the Commonwealth within 7 days, just going through an out of state FFL dealer will not meet the requirements. I don't like that rule either. For a handgun, while you can buy it anywhere it must be shipped to a MA FFL dealer for delivery to the purchaser.

honestly, I think it is a perfectly good idea to buy in NH and ship to a FFL. It is cheaper all around if you take into concideration the 6% sales tax.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

If you buy from an FFL in NH you can just drive the new baby home and register it within 7 days.

Going to Maine tomorrow night, late, to work on my foundation, plant more apple trees, and set up some tree stands. Bringing plenty of cash to stock up on ammo while I'm there. Money some gun store here could have had and tax money the state will miss out on. My buddy who lives a few blocks from me here is going too. He has 50 acres on the other side of my river and 50 more 12 miles away with a log cabin and a pond. I recruited hime too. He's not buying in assachusetts any more. Any new guns I buy, I'll keep in his safe in the cabin. When my cabin is finished I'll move them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast