No new Glocks in MA? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: No new Glocks in MA?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I'm with ya. It ain't over yet! and ya pretty much the job thing, I've got not issue commuting to Boston for the higher pay and then living it up in NH since I start early AM so I can beat 93's crap. But for her it would suck. Thats the big one.
    What does that mean? She is not evening willing to take into account your feelings? Is it really all about her? I wish you luck! It's not really higher pay if they rape you with taxes and paying for health care for people unwilling to work. Really puts you back at even by the time your done paying taxes.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Anyone know if I changed my barrel and used Glock 22 mags so I could carry.40 S&W, more then 10, would that be ok since the gun would still have the same pre ban serial #?
    I was thinking the same thing

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    Not sure on that, I would be very careful with this. Like everyone has stated above, Glocks must be pre-ban which I believe is 1998-earlier. I have both the Class B and A (longgggg story why I had a B as well). The B license is a joke, go for the A. Where are you planning on moving btw (don't need to give specifics if you don't want, general location is fine), this will help us determine how things will go for you. I am a North Shore guy and there are a few very Green towns around here. I have the same problem as you....wife doesn't want to live in NH. A guy at my work has one of the nicest gun collections I have ever seen, where does he live? NH! Thats because with a collection like that here in PRMA...you must be up to no good

    Best of luck! Let us know how everything turns out.

    -Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    In my defense, I tried convincing the girl to consider right over the NH border. Nice side of Nashua, Salem etc. So far not going for it I'm trying for a green city but who knows. We moved from West Roxbury but If I wind up back there.......nuff said.
    West Roxbury!!!! Hell that's a must carry location for sure..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    West Roxbury!!!! Hell that's a must carry location for sure..
    West Roxbury is actually NOT Part of Roxbury. It's between Roslindale, Brookline and Dedham :)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    West Roxbury is actually NOT Part of Roxbury. It's between Roslindale, Brookline and Dedham :)
    Again, It's a must carry location for me. I avoid it (the city and urban sprawl) for the most part. I'm well west of all that and chose my home location for that reason. The closer you get to Boston, the less likely you are to get the firearms license needed to really be effective for self defense and the higher the likelihood of being victimized.

    I've lived in MA for 30+ years... It's just too close to Mattapan and Dorchester for my liking... I'd rather keep out of the city if possible.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Not sure on that, I would be very careful with this. Like everyone has stated above, Glocks must be pre-ban which I believe is 1998-earlier. I have both the Class B and A (longgggg story why I had a B as well). The B license is a joke, go for the A. Where are you planning on moving btw (don't need to give specifics if you don't want, general location is fine), this will help us determine how things will go for you. I am a North Shore guy and there are a few very Green towns around here. I have the same problem as you....wife doesn't want to live in NH. A guy at my work has one of the nicest gun collections I have ever seen, where does he live? NH! Thats because with a collection like that here in PRMA...you must be up to no good

    Best of luck! Let us know how everything turns out.

    -Capo-
    I'm Thinking Framingham, maybe Marlborough (a little mixed on that one) The GF grew up there / Natick, Still Close enough to my family (W Rox, Roslindale) But with more to do, shopping, bars / restaurants, nicer Apt complexes etc... I liked the Idea of some of the North Shore but like you said alot of Red. (and the ones that aren't, I can't afford)

  9. #18
    The EOPS roster and the AG's regulations only affect what guns a MA FFL Dealer can sell in MA. You can lawfully own Glocks, but any magazines over 10 rounds capacity must be pre-ban (9-13-1994). It is easy to tell on Glock magazines, and there are pre-ban magazines on the market including in MA. Glocks manufactured before 10-21-1998 (effective date of current law) that are on the EOPS roster are commonly found in MA gun stores.

    If you move to MA, you can bring your guns as long as they are locked in a suitable container. They do not have to be on the "list". You have 60 days to become licensed. Your non-resident license is void upon your relocation to MA. You have no duty to report guns that you already lawfully own. MA still has an assault weapons ban that mirrors the old Federal ban, so no guns with "evil features" unless they are pre-ban.

    Unless you have a stong reason, most first time non-resident license applicants will receive a restricted Class A LTC. I'm told that the FRB will change them to unrestricted upon the first renewal. The non-resident license is good for one year, and you must appear in person at the FRB in Chelsea for an interview, photos and prints. The process repeats each time you renew.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcd View Post
    The EOPS roster and the AG's regulations only affect what guns a MA FFL Dealer can sell in MA. You can lawfully own Glocks, but any magazines over 10 rounds capacity must be pre-ban (9-13-1994). It is easy to tell on Glock magazines, and there are pre-ban magazines on the market including in MA. Glocks manufactured before 10-21-1998 (effective date of current law) that are on the EOPS roster are commonly found in MA gun stores.

    If you move to MA, you can bring your guns as long as they are locked in a suitable container. They do not have to be on the "list". You have 60 days to become licensed. Your non-resident license is void upon your relocation to MA. You have no duty to report guns that you already lawfully own. MA still has an assault weapons ban that mirrors the old Federal ban, so no guns with "evil features" unless they are pre-ban.

    Unless you have a stong reason, most first time non-resident license applicants will receive a restricted Class A LTC. I'm told that the FRB will change them to unrestricted upon the first renewal. The non-resident license is good for one year, and you must appear in person at the FRB in Chelsea for an interview, photos and prints. The process repeats each time you renew.
    Not being indignant, in which section of the gun laws is that documented?
    For reference on my part. I've been trying to get this sorted out...
    Thanks...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  11. #20
    I'm a long way from MA at present, without many resources, but I'll follow up upon my return. In the meantime, click here to visit that topic on the GOAL website. There is much more info on their site, including links to MGL.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LTC in MA Questions
    By manderson2228 in forum Massachusetts Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Ma. Miscarrage of justice
    By mshean in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. MA resident to purchase in VA
    By snatale42 in forum Virginia Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. Traveling from MA to NC
    By donb in forum Traveling With Handguns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 09:32 PM
  5. Two Gun Cases in MA Go Before SJC
    By surfcc in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 08:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast