Non Resident permit>> HELP I need some cheering up and advice! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non Resident permit>> HELP I need some cheering up and advice!

well it came in the mail today. Still has the restriction for EMPLOYMENT. WTF!!! after having it for 3 years and explaining during interview I spend more time in Mass than just employment and trying to stay within the LAW that I spend time visiting friends during my off time. Will be calling on monday to ask the reasoning for not putting no restrictions. I feel a honest answer is in order this time versus the one I got last year. (we the state of MA. do not see any reason to issue no restrictions.) Pissed yeah a little and sorry for the rant but at this rate I will not re-new ever again in Ma. My money is better in my pocket than theirs.
    Have had mutiple background checks over the years and never an issue. current permits. NH-res/ME/PA/FL/ MA-employment.

Well I guess I join a long line of first time "hunting and target only" permitees. I have a non-resident CT and Maine as well as a resident NH. Was born in MA and have friends and relatives in all these states. Not having a MA protection permit really limits my ability to protect myself by carrying if I go from home (NH) to CT with MA in the way of travel. It doesn't allow me to stop for food or visiting friends in MA unless I don't carry at all.

The fact that so many feel that this restriction might be removed upon renewal is a comfort. Otherwise, I felt it was a way for MA to collect $100 for nothing useful on my part. I live in hope. Maybe some day MA will come to it's senses. OK, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by fxstchawg View Post
    well it came in the mail today. Still has the restriction for EMPLOYMENT. WTF!!! after having it for 3 years and explaining during interview I spend more time in Mass than just employment and trying to stay within the LAW that I spend time visiting friends during my off time. Will be calling on monday to ask the reasoning for not putting no restrictions. I feel a honest answer is in order this time versus the one I got last year. (we the state of MA. do not see any reason to issue no restrictions.) Pissed yeah a little and sorry for the rant but at this rate I will not re-new ever again in Ma. My money is better in my pocket than theirs. Have had mutiple background checks over the years and never an issue. current permits. NH-res/ME/PA/FL/ MA-employment.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhuard View Post
    Well I guess I join a long line of first time "hunting and target only" permitees. I have a non-resident CT and Maine as well as a resident NH. Was born in MA and have friends and relatives in all these states. Not having a MA protection permit really limits my ability to protect myself by carrying if I go from home (NH) to CT with MA in the way of travel. It doesn't allow me to stop for food or visiting friends in MA unless I don't carry at all.

The fact that so many feel that this restriction might be removed upon renewal is a comfort. Otherwise, I felt it was a way for MA to collect $100 for nothing useful on my part. I live in hope. Maybe some day MA will come to it's senses. OK, maybe not.

I'd call MA firearms school in Framingham. The run a class once a month called LTC Essentials. It's taught by MA Firearms Attorney Jesse Cohen. I've read the reviews on this for a while now It appears most of the apps for unrestricted LTC-A's are granted even in hard towns, your slightly different as you deal directly with the CHSB but same rules. It's all about how you word your reasoning for wanted an unrestricted permit. A buddy of mine tool it and got his LTC-A no restrictions in a red town (his first permit) well worth the money. You are aware you can challenge the descission right? but I'd make sure you check into that first. Don't burn your 2nd change by doing it wrong.

I have written a letter to the Director of Mass. Firearms stating why I believe it should be changed to no restrictions from employment. Has been a month and not word. Even called last week to ask and got the standard message that leave you info and we will get back to you in 1-2 days. That has been a week also. Will be calling again this week.

After a month of back and forth with the Director of firearms via e-mail and over the phone. We came to a understanding on the reasons why a change should be granted to Full carry NO RESTRICTIONS. I put all the info in e-mail and sent to the director. Received letter today that it has been changed in the state computer and going forward will not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fxstchawg View Post
    after a month of back and forth with the director of firearms via e-mail and over the phone. We came to a understanding on the reasons why a change should be granted to full carry no restrictions. I put all the info in e-mail and sent to the director. Received letter today that it has been changed in the state computer and going forward will not be a problem.
    awesome!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12