CCW on University Property - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW on University Property

1. I went to see the Chief and the chancellor but got absolutely nowhere. I countered every argument he had against guns but that did not matter. I might have had a chance if it was just the chancellor but the chief wouldn't budge. He said that he wouldn't make any exceptions to not letting someone carry on campus. He even advises his officers to not carry when they are off duty because he thinks there is a greater risk of them being shot by another cop who doesn't know they are cops than by a criminal. Says more to me about the on duty cops training than anything else. Just last week a student was robbed at knife point at 8:30 in the morning by 2 guys. The people in charge just don't seem to get it until they or one of their own ends up getting hurt, then they seem to come around.

That's a damn shame.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

4. Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    That's a damn shame.
    Yes it is... It's a shame we have to give up certain rights, especially our right to defend ourselves, as soon as we step on campus. This is just one of the many reasons I will be looking for an apartment off campus sometime in the near future.

5. I went to see the Chief and the chancellor but got absolutely nowhere. I countered every argument he had against guns but that did not matter. I might have had a chance if it was just the chancellor but the chief wouldn't budge. He said that he wouldn't make any exceptions to not letting someone carry on campus. He even advises his officers to not carry when they are off duty because he thinks there is a greater risk of them being shot by another cop who doesn't know they are cops than by a criminal. Says more to me about the on duty cops training than anything else. Just last week a student was robbed at knife point at 8:30 in the morning by 2 guys. The people in charge just don't seem to get it until they or one of their own ends up getting hurt, then they seem to come around.

6. yea and which umass do you go to? i got to UML and wonder if it would work for me, granted when pinky polosi visited she didnt make you dissapear

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rht4162 View Post
    yea and which umass do you go to? i got to UML and wonder if it would work for me, granted when pinky polosi visited she didnt make you dissapear
    I go to UMass Dartmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsig1780 View Post
    I go to UMass Dartmouth.
    Well, there's the problem right there. Go up north to a university in either Vermont or New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, there's the problem right there. Go up north to a university in either Vermont or New Hampshire.
    Amen to that
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Whats the point of that? Even in Vermont and New Hampshire you still can not carry on school grounds with out getting it signed off on first. That never happens..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsig1780 View Post
    He even advises his officers to not carry when they are off duty because he thinks there is a greater risk of them being shot by another cop who doesn't know they are cops than by a criminal.
    what the hell!!!

ok i am campus police in MA. i understand that the chief wants to keep guns off the grounds. but his comment about his officer being shot is retarded!!!! No officer simply shoots someone cause they have a gun. we check for permit and status of person. the chief needs to be educated.

i feel that you should have your gun on you. i think the college scene is one dangerous place to be unarmed. i want to say that my response is gonna be fast enough in an emergency situation, but know that i have to respond across campus, into the building( keycard swipes at the doors), possibley up the stairs, down the hall and then enter a room with ongoing situation and make a safe but quick judgement call.

who knows how much time i have to maybe save your life. does this mean i dont try like hell? **** no!!! i value innocent lives as if they are my daughter.

ok so i will end here as i have to go make some rounds of the dorms.

i wish you the best of luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast