Moving out of state - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving out of state

1. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Wow, your actually moving to a state WORSE than MA!!! Why? Even MA has a grace period when you move in. With NY who knows. There permit process is like 6 months. I'd post something in the NY section and make sure you list what County you'll be moving to. If NYC just sell the gun now. Also, once you move out of MA your LTC is void. AFTER you get NY residency you'll have to apply for a non-res LTC. Most likely you'll get T&H'd.
    I am moving to rockland county, but its possible i could move to PA but i will be working in NY state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Andrade View Post
    I am moving to rockland county, but its possible i could move to PA but i will be working in NY state.
    I'd think that one out! In PA you have rights, you won't have to worry about whether or not you'll get a permit and won't be bound buy stupid restrictions. The downside is NY doesn't issue permits to non-residents. But they barely issue them to residents either so may not be a big deal. I'd still advise if you didn't to post a thread in the NY section and inquire about Rockland County, some counties allegedly aren't that bad for giving out permits, but that seems rare. Also remember in NY they limit you to I think 3 guns as all serial #'s must be on your permit! plus remember the permit won't be valid in NYC if you ever go there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12