Odd Mass Gun Law
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Odd Mass Gun Law

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    134

    Odd Mass Gun Law

    These are coming from DumbLaws.com.

    I would like find where some of these are on the books:

    Mass Law:
    "All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday."

    Boston Law:
    "No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears."

    North Andover:
    An ordinance prohibits the use of space guns.

    I do not know if these are real or not, but would be interesting if they are.

  2.   
  3. #2
    I'm pretty sure the Mass law about carrying a rifle to church is no longer on the books. I've had occasion to pore over Mass gun laws, and haven't seen any such thing.

    As for the Boston and North Andover ordnances...couldn't say for sure.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    94
    They were real, but I know the church law was repealed.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by ARV View Post
    They were real, but I know the church law was repealed.
    They're old blue laws that were not enforced for over 100 years and they were offically repealed when the rest of the blue laws got the ax about ten years ago. All I know is I like the convenience of the malls and liquor stores being open on Sundays....

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    They're old blue laws that were not enforced for over 100 years and they were offically repealed when the rest of the blue laws got the ax about ten years ago. All I know is I like the convenience of the malls and liquor stores being open on Sundays....
    Haha yeah I cant argue with that. I live close enough to NH that it was never a big deal to take a trip up north thought :)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by ARV View Post
    Haha yeah I cant argue with that. I live close enough to NH that it was never a big deal to take a trip up north thought :)
    It would be about an hour for me. A PITA indeed but done more than once in the thirsty early days....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast