Any interest in an open carry event in Massachusetts? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any interest in an open carry event in Massachusetts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrl View Post
    Phil, i'm new here and so please forgive me for being a bit "flip" about my restriction. I DO understand what i've researched about the law. I was only being sort of tongue-in-cheek in my previous post bcuz it pisses me off. The best attitude for me to have right now is that I still have so much to learn anyway.
    Have you joined GOAL yet? They are pushing really hard to basically get the entire clusterf.. of gun laws re-written. You can find out more at Gun Owners' Action League - GOAL.org - "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here" and MassGunLawReform.com a project of Gun Owners' Action League. Also...I recommend contacting your state reps. They ARE listening, and it's been my experience that a lot of them actually answer their own email as opposed to staffing it out. Make your voice heard.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

But trying to get back on point here - as of right now I've received ZERO emails from anyone about this. Unless I get about 5-10 people responding, I'm not going to go to the effort of organizing this.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

I'm game... And being that I have a network of like minded individuals who would love to participate in an event such as this... Let me see what I can do about getting people engaged...

Do I have your permission to post your email on social networking sites? PM me...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. This is the first I've heard of the sporty restriction. I'm in Medford, Jbrl. I understand your displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    TARGET & HUNTING restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; and for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns). Includes travel to and from activity location

SPORTING restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns); and for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping, cross country skiing, or similar activities. Includes travel to and from activity location.

The way this reads, it sounds more like "at the range, in the woods, or on your way to/from" in both cases. I don't think one would be covered for a marathon or urban/suburban hiking. That's what threw me off. (Well, that and the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have no restrictions, so I hadn't looked into the details of what those might be.)

Restrictions mean whatever the licensing authority (the chief) wants them to mean. If you have a restricted LTC you need to get something in writing from the chief regarding exactly what you can do under the restriction. You probably won't get much interest in this event because nobody wants to risk suddnely becoming unsuitable. Remember that the chief can revoke your license at any time for any reason. Your only recourse is a legal battle that will be costly and likely not end well. Not many Mass judges are going to go on record as siding against a police chief in a firearms matter......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123